Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-09-2017, 08:18   #1
luketitz

Easca Mattress Discount

Get €50 off any mattress bought before midnight on Monday using code EASCA50

https://www.eascamattress.ie/
Advertisement
02-09-2017, 09:06   #2
Rows Grower

Anyone here actually own one of these?
The warranty and trial look reassuring and the price and fact they are Irish made are tempting me to purchase.
Would like to know how an unbiased owner of one would honestly rate it.
02-09-2017, 09:11   #3
Fr_Dougal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Anyone here actually own one of these?
The warranty and trial look reassuring and the price and fact they are Irish made are tempting me to purchase.
Would like to know how an unbiased owner of one would honestly rate it.
Most mattresses sold in Ireland are Irish made, too bulky to ship.

It is tempting...but the company is only on the go since 2016, will they still be around in 10 years? In the market for a super king myself, €900 for one of these...not exactly cheap compared to other Irish brands.
02-09-2017, 09:16   #4
NIMAN

Nearly €500 for a single!!

Thanks but I'll pass.
02-09-2017, 09:28   #5
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
Most mattresses sold in Ireland are Irish made, too bulky to ship.

It is tempting...but the company is only on the go since 2016, will they still be around in 10 years? In the market for a super king myself, €900 for one of these...not exactly cheap compared to other Irish brands.
Didn't know most mattresses sold here were made here and yeah the fact the company is not long established is making me a bit wary.

The reviews I've seen online don't fill me with confidence as there is no way of knowing if these people bought these at full price or were given them at big discounts.

The trial period looks reassuring but I'd like to hear from some reputable poster here who has actually purchased one.
Advertisement
02-09-2017, 09:29   #6
NIMAN

... and also how easy it would be to get your money back after the trial period?
02-09-2017, 09:31   #7
OldBean

We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.
(3) thanks from:
02-09-2017, 09:42   #8
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBean View Post
We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.
Many thanks OldBean, I may well go ahead with the purchase after your endorsement!

Of course I will have to speak with my good wife first and then I will be told what I really want to do!
02-09-2017, 09:50   #9
vicwatson

Mattress Mick is your only man.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-09-2017, 10:00   #10
OldBean

Hope you get as good a nights sleep as we've been getting.

As I said, it takes a little while to get used to it, especially if you've not had a foam mattress before. There's good edge support and the whole bed doesn't bounce around if one of us moves. I toss and turn so my wife was pretty happy about that.

I just had a quick search through my mails and customer service/interaction seemed on point. I'd imagine if you wanted it returned there wouldn't be an issue.

They do send a few emails afterwards looking for reviews and offering cashback/referral codes which might be why some reviews seem a little forced. For the record I have nothing to do with the company, nor am I getting anything for posting about them
(2) thanks from:
02-09-2017, 10:26   #11
jonerkinsella

I suffer with back, hip and shoulder issues. I have been using a memory foam mattress for about 3 years now. I am now on my second mattress from this place,
https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/

I upgraded to this mattress during the summer as it was on sale for €500 delivered,
https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/k...-mattress.html
https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/m...tress_type=283

The mattress I had before that was an older version from the same company that was slightly thinner.

I have for many years always bought quality Sealy etc mattress's, but none of them come close to the comfort of the mattress's that I have bought from this shop.

I have tried out many memoryfoam mattress's in various shops in Ireland and found that the quality was either total crap or the very expensive ones where too soft and trapped you in position. The warehouse mattress is perfect for me and anyone that has tried it as it's more like lying on a marshmallow that conforms very fast to movement as the 4G foam really does work.

I can't recommend these mattress's enough.

ps, my older warehouse mattress sold to my brother within 30mins of me ordering my new one as he was dying to get one after trying it out when I first got it
pps, do not buy a complete bed from this company as they do not manufacture the frames and cross ship them from another company and sometimes the shipping does not come together. I have read the bad reviews on Thrustpilot and the large majority are about this issue.

Last edited by jonerkinsella; 02-09-2017 at 10:30.
02-09-2017, 13:10   #12
Qwerty?

I bought a single a few months back for my teenage son. He's happy with it. Be prepared, they don't look like they are worth the price, as they are just a block of foam, but in fairness to them they do what any mattress does but with more comfort and a 100 day trial also, the initial smell did take a while to disappear.

I haven't tried it for a nights sleep, but when changing our mattress I'll definitely consider getting one.

Just to note they ship from northern Ireland, I was between this brand and a better know memory foam mattress but decided to give my business to an Irish company... 🀔
(2) thanks from:
02-09-2017, 13:24   #13
tatranska

They are actually a UK company. Based in the North.
Thanks from:
02-09-2017, 13:49   #14
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatranska View Post
They are actually a UK company. Based in the North.
Oh.

Not the impression I got from the advertisement, thank you for making me aware of this.
02-09-2017, 13:51   #15
tatranska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Oh.

Not the impression I got from the advertisement, thank you for making me aware of this.
They say they are made in Dublin but their company is in Belfast.
It's in the contact us section of their site.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion