Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Broadband, for light use.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Well I'm gone to Pure now

They said there's no change from EIR except the box

Let us know if you notice any difference with the router that Pure provide. IMO the dual band wireless option offered by all other providers is worth the extra 5 euro a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I'm with magnet sense 2015, 100mb, unlimited, no contract for 50 a month. Customer service is good, had no problem getting the details I needed off them to use my own router. Connection has never dropped on me.

If your like me and need reminding to pay bills and don't use direct debit they send an invoice and allow 2 weeks to pay, send a text 2 days before they cut you off just in case I forgot to pay it a particular month. Company I was with before just cut it off without warning and took 2 days to come back even after paying straight away.

My last experience with their customer service was very positive. I had paid my bill twice by accident and noticed within 3 hours of my mistake. Called my bank, they told me to contact magnet and asked for one of the transaction to be refunded. He gave me both transaction numbers and the times they went through. Called magnet customer service. Explained what had happened, gave him the transaction numbers and times and the one I would like refunded. He did so and the money was back in my account within a few minutes.

I'm pretty happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Funny my brother in law just got the deal for €25 a month gigabit

Yes, the ad mentions gigabit but when you click through and they tell you the available speeds, the up to 1000mb package says €55 after 6months but the up to 100mb package says €45 after 6months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

I don’t disbelieve you but he got the deal for €25 I saw his contract
    I’m paying €35 for Vodafone broadband, it’s all about negotiating on the phone with the sales team

Sorry if my tone was abrupt, wasn't trying to be argumentative.

I've been looking at the VF deal myself and was hoping to get d gigabit (siro up to 1000mb) deal for €25 with €45pm after 6months.
    Maybe they're giving better deals where there is more competition?
    I can get VDSL(currently on with Eir) or Siro Fibre in my area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

L1011 wrote: »
    Not if changing technologies completely, only really if going between DSL providers on an existing line

Installer required for the first go on VDSL/FTTH/cable. Router replacements. Reprogramming everything else in the house (unless all set static or you have a seperate DHCP server). I would need to change file server, printer, lighting controller settings and so on.
    Any half decent WiFi router is a DHCP server.

arp -a to see your local addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

Vodafone gigabit is €25 a month for first 6 month and €45 for the following 6 months.
    I only have the fibre broadband in my area but the service is spot on and you can change names on the bill every 12 months to get the offer year on year.
    Great speed for 4K Netflix etc last month I used 600gb of data lol

How you can change name? You need to cancel current contract and sign up for new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Joshua J wrote: »
    Pure are doing 100mb broadband and phone for €30pm for 12 months, 12 months contract. €50 after 12 months, free activation.

how do you find pure?
    ookla on the line?

pure good or pure S*1t?
    anyone have them?
    would like to go with VF with Siro coming possibly.
    thanks
    John :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I'm on Eir FTTC and Pure told me there's no change except they switch the box

Doesn't mean jacksh1t I suppose but if my service starts pinging I'll be straight over to Vf or Eir and let comreg deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I don’t disbelieve you but he got the deal for €25 I saw his contract
    I’m paying €35 for Vodafone broadband, it’s all about negotiating on the phone with the sales team

I don't think theshire was disputing the €25 part of the offer, just the cost after the first 6 months. Somebody earlier on had said gigabit broadband was €45 after 6 months, but it is actually €55. The €25 for the first six months still applies though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

seanin4711 wrote: »
    how do you find pure?
    ookla on the line?
    Have Pure just over a week now and not a bother. Just did speedtest there getting 91/19. For a euro a day I'm happy out.

Have Pure just over a week now and not a bother. Just did speedtest there getting 91/19. For a euro a day I'm happy out.

wifi good?

wifi good?
    I had Vodafone FTTC before and see no difference tbh but I'm only streaming and surfing really, nothing too intensive. Get homeplugs if you're worried about wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

At my friend's place she signed up to pure is working fine so far, just looked on their website and their latest offer is all the way down to 24 a month with a * next to it, so could be the lead in price, must be for season of the blackfridayness.

gussieg wrote: »
    At my friend's place she signed up to pure is working fine so far, just looked on their website and their latest offer is all the way down to 24 a month with a * next to it, so could be the lead in price, must be for season of the blackfridayness.
    That's 24 for 6 months then 50 after, 18 month contract. There are better deals to be had.

• Advertisement

That's 24 for 6 months then 50 after, 18 month contract. There are better deals to be had.

35 a month from eir?
    never thought i would say it but it aint bad

35 a month from eir?
    never thought i would say it but it aint bad

With €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months. With eir you do get their sports package so I'm sure it would be a better choice for some but if all you want is broadband then Pure is the best around atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

With €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months. With eir you do get their sports package so I'm sure it would be a better choice for some but if all you want is broadband then Pure is the best around atm.

Have you a link for the 35 euro for 12 months?

From what I can see, it says 35euro for 6 months and then 55 euro after that

Del007 wrote: »
    Have you a link for the 35 euro for 12 months?

From what I can see, it says 35euro for 6 months and then 55 euro after that

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

eir would be the first to get siro though,no?
    thats why i would possibly go with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

eir would be the first to get siro though,no?
    thats why i would possibly go with them!

Siro is eir's competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I see that pure don't answer the fones now that I've signed up

Tha was one good thing about Vodafone ,you got through straightaway

None of this hanging on the fone while they tell you how much they love you

30 bucks for BB and phone

sky best deal was 42 down from 55 plus.
    good luck to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

That 35e a month looks a great deal . How do you get to watch the sports on tv. Do you still need a sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Logo

With Eir €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months.
    I'm with Eir atm and the contract is up next week and I'm tempted to switch to Pure. Does anyone have experience of switching from Eir - do they stop billing at the switch date (as I was advised) and will the activation fee still apply as I am already with Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,319 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Logo wrote: »
    I'm with Eir atm and the contract is up next week and I'm tempted to switch to Pure. Does anyone have experience of switching from Eir - do they stop billing at the switch date (as I was advised) and will the activation fee still apply as I am already with Eir.
    I just got my fibre bb activated 2 days ago with Pure having left Eir. No activation fee and final Eir bill to be sorted out yet but I'll update here when I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭caviardreams

muffler wrote: »
    I just got my fibre bb activated 2 days ago with Pure having left Eir. No activation fee and final Eir bill to be sorted out yet but I'll update here when I get it.

What is involved in the activation/set-up? I have no phone line or anything at present and the information on the site confused me a bit re needing a phone line and what is required for installation/set-up. Is there a cost, or do they come out and set up for free?

Thanks

What is involved in the activation/set-up? I have no phone line or anything at present and the information on the site confused me a bit re needing a phone line and what is required for installation/set-up. Is there a cost, or do they come out and set up for free?

Thanks
    You will need an active line but I dont know if Pure will arrange that or not and what, if any, additional charges would apply in that situation. Pure, just like Vodafone and Sky among others, use the Eir infrastructure so there's never a problem with switching between those providers once you have the active line.

Once you have an active line Pure post out the modem and its self install which only takes a couple of minutes. The most awkward part is then linking other devices to it via wifi - PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones etc but again it doesnt take long to connect by entering the new access key into the various devices.

You will need an active line but I dont know if Pure will arrange that or not and what, if any, additional charges would apply in that situation. Pure, just like Vodafone and Sky among others, use the Eir infrastructure so there's never a problem with switching between those providers once you have the active line.

Once you have an active line Pure post out the modem and its self install which only takes a couple of minutes. The most awkward part is then linking other devices to it via wifi - PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones etc but again it doesnt take long to connect by entering the new access key into the various devices.
    I got Pure in without an active line. Was with Vodafone till 6-7 months ago then canceled with no good deals about. Pure sent me a modem and a KN engineer called around a couple of days later and installed it. No fees.

I got Pure in without an active line. Was with Vodafone till 6-7 months ago then canceled with no good deals about. Pure sent me a modem and a KN engineer called around a couple of days later and installed it. No fees.
    Well, you can certainly order it but before using the fibre BB you do need an active line otherwise you have nothing to connect the modem to. :)

• Advertisement

Is it just because of the price that you are thinking of switching ? Just wondering as I am thinking of changing to eir with their offer

I am with sky at the moment which I cant fault (except the price) :(

What are they like to deal with . Were you happy with modem/service they provide

I've already given my notice and the service is down for cancelation. It's a relief to be honest as Im sick of the horse trading with sky over price.

Also Eir giving the sports which is a huge draw for me.

better to upgrade router or is it ok?

Eir are losing sports soon according to another poster

Yikes , anyone know more about this :mad: though I would be watching sports for the year when I signed up.

i read the thread again just for you lol
    post 52 someone states it is finished in july next year

Didn't expect you to read through the thread :pac: if there was a super thank button I would press it for you :D

better to upgrade router or is it ok?
    Its early days yet as I've only had it since Friday last but so far it seems to be ok. I do notice the speed (wired from router to PC) a little down on what I was getting with Eir but I'll leave it a few days before I contact them about it. With Eir I was getting around 75mb but now its about 65 - 67 approx. Wifi upstairs is running close on 50 so cant really complain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Anyone know if the 30pm Pure deal is still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Where would I get best broadband deal for 4 months where I'm not tied into a contract. Moving out of my apartment in April and contract up with virgin in January. Need speeds of about 20mb speeds for my android tv box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Tockman wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 30pm Pure deal is still available?

It looks like it’s increased to €35 per month for 12 month contract, including anytime calls to Irish landlines. Have a look at bonkers.ie or switcher.ie.

I changed from Eir to Pure (when the €30 offer was available). So far so good :)

• Advertisement

went from sky (55€ pm+) to pure telecom (30pm).
    same wifi strength and speed on ethernet confirmed on ookla.
    happy days.
    called customer service twice and i was through to a rep within 60 seconds both times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Where are you seeing that...Im only seeing Pure at €44 pm in west Dublin on Switcher.ie

Where are you seeing that...Im only seeing Pure at €44 pm in west Dublin on Switcher.ie

Deal a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Moved to Pure also and so far no issues whatsoever. A very obliging KN engineer did the install. He had to run a new cable into the house as the old wasnt working and terminated where i wanted

I'm with Pure on the 30 a month offer since mid November and also have no issues. Got my first bill last week which includes line rental a month in advance and it was only 8 Euro as it contained 50 credit for referring a friend. My sister also gets 50 credit for referring me. Happy days :)

Have Pure since November 1st and as above have had zero issues. Great value deal.

• Advertisement

Signed up with Pure Telecom on 7th Dec and was advised that that it would be installed before Christmas. My contract with eir ended on 6th Dec and I gave them notification of the switch. I called Pure last week and was told that I won't get their equipment until after Christmas. In the meantime I'm now paying eir €76/ month. I am not a happy bunny.

Signed up with Pure Telecom on 7th Dec and was advised that that it would be installed before Christmas. My contract with eir ended on 6th Dec and I gave them notification of the switch. I called Pure last week and was told that I won't get their equipment until after Christmas. In the meantime I'm now paying eir €76/ month. I am not a happy bunny.
    The only mistake you made (and lots of people do it) was cancelling Eir or rather giving them notice.

If its any help to others reading this thread if you are moving or switching between Eir, Sky, Vodafone, Pure Telecom etc never cancel the account with your current provider. Just notify the new provider and they look after the cancellation for you subject of course to having seen out the minimum term of the contract. Seems like they have some agreement amongst them that allows people who are out of contract to leave their current provider without giving notice and without being penalised in any way.

The only mistake you made... was cancelling Eir or rather giving them notice..
    That's not correct. I entered into a contract with eir and agreed with their T&Cs that I would notify them when I was switching to another provider. That was completed as agreed but Pure Telecom are now delaying the switch until after Christmas - which will cost me €76 per month.

Advertisement