Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track & Field Events 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DazzyR

Thanks Chivito :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Just came across this on Facebook. Mary Cullen looking to get 5K qualifier in Sligo on Thursday 23rd June. They seem to be having timed/paced 5K races before hand as well. Entry via email and €10 payable on the night.

Details

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

aaaaaand we're back! nearly

2016 Baseline T&F – Timetable & Competition Notes Many thanks for your interest in the 2016 AIT Baseline T&F Meet which takes place this Wednesday December 14th.

2016 Baseline T&F – Provisional Timetable. May be amended after entries close.

Track 6.30pm: 60m M (6 races), 60m W (2 races)
    7.15pm: 300m M (8 races), 300m W (3 races)
    8.10pm: 3000m M (1 race), 3000m Mixed (1 race)
    8.40pm: 150m M (9 races), 150m W (4 races)
    9.45pm: 1000m M (2-3 races),
    1000m W (1 races) Field
    7.00pm: HJ Men
    7.00pm: SP Men & Women
    7.00pm: LJ Women
    8.00pm: LJ Men
    8.00pm: HJ Women

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Dublin Graded schedule is up on the website, first up is Santry on April 26th...

http://www.dublinathletics.com/attachments/article/453/Graded%202017.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

I have loads of these in my diary now, aiming for a sub 5 mile and a 1500 pb.

I've used a lot of the serpentine / Frank Horwill archive to plan based on under/equal/over paces and hit about 60-80k p/w in the past and enjoyed it

Question for those of you experienced middle distance (800 - 1500 - 3000) runners, if you are coming into the spring what would the focus be on for the next few months? Would it be 3 sessions a week? Outright speed, speed endurance etc.?? Any gym work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I have loads of these in my diary now, aiming for a sub 5 mile and a 1500 pb.

I've used a lot of the serpentine / Frank Horwill archive to plan based on under/equal/over paces and hit about 60-80k p/w in the past and enjoyed it

Question for those of you experienced middle distance (800 - 1500 - 3000) runners, if you are coming into the spring what would the focus be on for the next few months? Would it be 3 sessions a week? Outright speed, speed endurance etc.?? Any gym work?

Short answer for now.
    2 sessions per week, 1 long run, 1 weights (2 if I could). Always work on speed - short hills (10s full recovery) great for this. Maintain endurance. Bring it together for peak.

dna_leri wrote: »
    Short answer for now.
    2 sessions per week, 1 long run, 1 weights (2 if I could). Always work on speed - short hills (10s full recovery) great for this. Maintain endurance. Bring it together for peak.

I've been working on VO2 at so building miles & sessions. Mileage is finally getting decent after a 3 month build up.

The plan for the next 3-4 weeks is:
    Saturdays - outright speed - so 40m -200m type stuff,
    Tuesdays 5k pace Ks / Miles;
    Thursdays is 4/5/600 at 3k pace.
    I've got the long run going too so the aim is to also increase the mileage a bit closer to 10% p/w for 3 of each 4 week block for the next 3 block in order to build up from 50-60km up towards 90-100km.

The Clonliffe 2 is on April 27 so I've eyeballed that and will do a session or two of (2x{400m, 30s rest, 800m, 60s rest, 300m}, 3mins rest) at mile pace probably on the Tuesday the week before. The first graded is the night before so the D 800m looks attractive too :D

With no miles in the graded's I thought I'd mention ALSAA have a mile on Tuesday next.

Obviously if you are good enough you could always do one of the Morton Games miles....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

With no miles in the graded's I thought I'd mention ALSAA have a mile on Tuesday next.

Obviously if you are good enough you could always do one of the Morton Games miles....

is that the paced? Can you wear spikes on that track or is it runners?

We have a mile in May as well for those not quite morton games standard

DDAC Graded 18th May 7PM - 200/1mile/5k Shot Putt

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is that the paced? Can you wear spikes on that track or is it runners?

We have a mile in May as well for those not quite morton games standard

DDAC Graded 18th May 7PM - 200/1mile/5k Shot Putt

From the ones I've been at you get 4.30-4.45 winning and a range from that to 8-9 mins for vets and newbies, sometimes split into a few fields depnding on numbers. So very do-able for 99% of sloggers, joggers and runners

• Advertisement

Graded 1 the biggest entry they'd had for the first event in years apparently. The 3k's were kicking off close to 9.00.

I'd run the masters relays on sunday and did the D 800 here. Decent start for me by my standards. Hopefully can knock some time into the next 800.

Either the 1,500, or more likely, the 5k in two weeks time for me

Advertisement