Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incremental Credit After 13 Years Experience

Options
  • 15-11-2020 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there ,

You may be able to help me out.

I started subbing in 2007, casual unqualified. I did for many years . Covering short term needs of school, eg a teacher out for a day , a teacher out for a few weeks . During this period I also worked as a SNA. Sometimes sub teaching , sometimes SNA.I worked as SNA for one whole school year also . After that I returned to sub teaching . I went abroad and worked as classroom assistant in the UK for a year also .

All in all I worked for about 11 years like this .

In 2018 i started the PME. In July I qualified . I am now on RPT contract and on point 1 of salary scale. I have been told I should apply for incremental credit . I believe I have no chance of anything positive happening as my work was casual and unqualified. However I do have a vast number of hours and experience gained . It would be great if they were of some use to me .

Do you think I have any hope of getting some good news here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

pythonfoot wrote: »
    Hi there ,

You may be able to help me out.

I started subbing in 2007, casual unqualified. I did for many years . Covering short term needs of school, eg a teacher out for a day , a teacher out for a few weeks . During this period I also worked as a SNA. Sometimes sub teaching , sometimes SNA.I worked as SNA for one whole school year also . After that I returned to sub teaching . I went abroad and worked as classroom assistant in the UK for a year also .

All in all I worked for about 11 years like this .

In 2018 i started the PME. In July I qualified . I am now on RPT contract and on point 1 of salary scale. I have been told I should apply for incremental credit . I believe I have no chance of anything positive happening as my work was casual and unqualified. However I do have a vast number of hours and experience gained . It would be great if they were of some use to me .

Do you think I have any hope of getting some good news here ?

A few questions - were you working in a now ETB (formerly VEC) school? If you were, pre 2013 (I think), all that was required to be fully qualified was a Bachelor's degree. Check that out.

In order to qualify for an increment, you have to work 600 hours in any capacity. Get a statement of employment from above if ETB/payroll.

Working as an SNA for a year, I think would count - I think I saw that over pm Voice for Teachers.

Work abroad - unless in a public paid job - I don't think it qualifies.

My best advise is to contact Payroll - they are the only ones with the answers. You will have to email as they are still working remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pythonfoot

Thanks

Advertisement