Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

Nothing trivial about getting a new dishwasher, Sardi. That's a crucial piece of infrastructure ;)

Good on you, Night owl. I've got all available fingers crossed here :)

Deskside, listening to the wind picking up. Warning for down here has been upgraded to Orange for tonight, the storm chaser in me is really excited :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

bedside

Awake way too early today:(

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Am on a tapering plan for my codeine, instead of going cold turkey :)

That's absolutely fantastic. You should be so proud of yourself.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not going anywhere... Only twice this year further than the driveway here. As for the last two years and more. East west home best.( I don't count a chopper ride to hospital last July)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Clean up on aisle 5 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dishwasher arrived, installed and the bust one taken away all courtesy of the amazingly multi-talented Mr. Sardi. Currently running it empty on the hottest cycle to flush out the pipes and rotors. What a fascinating life I lead. Admit it, you're jealous.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Dishwasher arrived, installed and the bust one taken away all courtesy of the amazingly multi-talented Mr. Sardi. Currently running it empty on the hottest cycle to flush out the pipes and rotors. What a fascinating life I lead. Admit it, you're jealous.

I've never owned one...so maybe a little jealous :)

I've never owned one...so maybe a little jealous :)

Do you not have a wife?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In from out for the night now thankfully.
    Time to put on the kettle.

Do you not have a wife?

Grew up in an all male household...I'm the dishwasher :D

My head hurts after catching up on the Harry and Meghan thread , I'm not even going to click on the Piers Morgan one this evening :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just hoofed it to coffeehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm having a few scoops as it's Wednesday night. I've the best company in the world. Ms G and I are chewing the fat about all sorts. Dinner was a winter warmer for the crappy night out there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    ... for the crappy night out there!
    Yo Grandeeod. I'm dashing between storm clearings. We are getting wave after wave of rain off the nearby Pacific.

Was out earlier, some of those gusts are no joke down here in Cork, and it looks as if the peak is still a few hours away.

Now at home, charging all my devices and trying to decide whether to go for a tea or a hot chocolate. Stroopwaffels might also be involved...

thomil wrote: »
    Was out earlier, some of those gusts are no joke down here in Cork, and it looks as if the peak is still a few hours away. Now at home, charging all my devices and trying to decide whether to go for a tea or a hot chocolate. Stroopwaffels might also be involved...
    Hot chocolate weather (or Irish coffee).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very tender, bruised back today so baileys coffee.. Listening to winds and watching conspiracy theory stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    My head hurts after catching up on the Harry and Meghan thread , I'm not even going to click on the Piers Morgan one this evening :pac:

Oh it has gone to a whole other level....there's a few subsets of bickering and I don't think they even remember what they are bickering about

Very tender, bruised back today so baileys coffee.. Listening to winds and watching conspiracy theory stuff.

Is there a time frame for when they think the injections will start working their magic, fingers crossed, for you Grem ?

Oh it has gone to a whole other level....there's a few subsets of bickering and I don't think they even remember what they are bickering about

Oh Lord , it's awful when a thread descends to that really, arguing for arguments sake .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

24-72 hours if it takes effect, unable to tell for now.

Oh Lord , it's awful when a thread descends to that really, arguing for arguments sake .

I was actually going to report a couple of posts as it's totally derailing the thread but I didn't know where to begin :D

I was actually going to report a couple of posts as it's totally derailing the thread but I didn't know where to begin :D

Just report the thread and tell them to randomly pick a post :pac:

Grem , thought that might be the time frame alright, hope it works for you .

I know I'll go back in later and there will be mod warnings and snipped posts all over the shop and I'll be raging I missed the final straw :D:D

Rain coming. Time to run! Laters all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It great craic Mam! Most excitement I've had in ages. :pac:

• Advertisement

Grem , thought that might be the time frame alright, hope it works for you .

Tech savvy Mam. I didn't even know you could report a thread :o
    After you were christened The Don in the BB thread, can I now call you "The Mon" from now on? :p

Tech savvy Mam. I didn't even know you could report a thread :o
    After you were christened The Don in the BB thread, can I now call you "The Mon" from now on? :p

Please god no :(

I don't know if you can report a thread either tbh PM, am not a bit tech savvy!

It great craic Mam! Most excitement I've had in ages. :pac:

I couldn't habdle that thread and the new dishwasher on the same day. I'd be completely overwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The excitement is unreal in here tonight :D Between the winds blowing, dishwashers washing and Mam being the Don :D

I may need to lie down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I couldn't habdle that thread and the new dishwasher on the same day. I'd be completely overwhelmed.

Luv washing dishes.....soooo soothing on the the ol' hands :)
    ..I don't know if you can report a thread either tbh PM, am not a bit tech savvy!
    Click the little red triangle on the left ;)

I dont understand what H & M are all about so feel very left out :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sofa, horizontal, watching The Equalizer on the TV.

Fierce windy outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was in dubai last week when the vaccinators came to our hotel so missed the opportunity to get a shot. So I applied online and got approval within 3 days, now just have to work out how to get it considering that I’m in company quarantine.

Wife now just told me that she got approved :):)

They have ramped up to over 100,000 doses a day here, with further increases expected as long as the supplies last.

That's amazing Smurfjed, it's a feckin circus here and don't even mention levels of at risk because none of the agencies can agree. Piss up and brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, listening to the storm outside. Fierce windy out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Lying awake listening to the wind. No hope of sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, it’s a Thursday which is then start of the weekend around here.

Wife is trying to select a vaccination center that does Pfizer as the 2nd dose is quicker and she really wants to escape.

Listening to an Irish cello artist “Patrick Dexter” on YouTube, lovely sounds to start the day together with a NESPRESSO

It's the start of my weekend also!
    4 days off :)

Coffee then me and doggo will take a leisurely walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

couchside

I'm glad the storm has passed, that was some scary wind out there yesterday!

how is everyone today?:)

how is everyone today?:)

A bit under the weather but nothing that a mug of coffee can‘t fix ;)

How are you keeping?

Pondering getting up, luckily the winds didn't do much here, glad to be sheltered from the sea here.. Can someone go get milk for me please?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Myself and doggo are off to investigate what destruction the wind did last night :) I’ll pick up milk for you Grem on our way back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

thomil wrote: »
    A bit under the weather but nothing that a mug of coffee can‘t fix ;)

How are you keeping?

Hope you're feeling better soon

Ah not too bad here, a few days ago I found a hat outside. I picked it up and brought it home. I put it on facebook incase someone was looking for it. I think ive found its owner, just sent them a message this morning. Hopefully they'll get back to me :)

You're very kind and thoughtful, Night Owl Gal. Glad you're getting on top of your issues, too. Well done.

Woke up with wisdom tooth pain and dribbling like a baba. Had to take painkillers and head back to bed after I'd sorted Grumpy's brekkie and meds out. Up again now, feeling much better. Must go to some very hungry and, by now, very angry cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You're very kind and thoughtful, Night Owl Gal. Glad you're getting on top of your issues, too. Well done.

Woke up with wisdom tooth pain and dribbling like a baba. Had to take painkillers and head back to bed after I'd sorted Grumpy's brekkie and meds out. Up again now, feeling much better. Must go to some very hungry and, by now, very angry cats.

Feel better soon please? Toothache is dreadful...My cats do not get angry re food. They cry! Wail! And mob me.

Just waiting until they are all in and fed and the outdoor pair fed before I crash. Gale kept me awake all last night. Ear plugs tonight as it is as bad nearly out here. But the postman got over; armour plated in luminous yellow he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Trying to get warm and dry but failing. Might have to break out the hard stuff for a boost. It's nearly 5 o'clock anyways lol.

I've just completed dinner service and kitchen porter duties.:D I did some household admin work today that involves bills, grocery shopping list for next week, Freezer stock take, available funds, back up funds, back to work budget etc. I have note pads going back a year with weekly financial breakdowns due to Covid issues. Hand written works of Pandemic art.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside wondering what to do with myself for the evening now that I'm tired and dizzy from circular arguments in CA. :D

Is there anything to be said for having a drink?

Padded to coffeehouse. On call for work. Listening to tunes. Sipping brew. I guess this is as good as it gets during covid.

Couchside wondering what to do with myself for the evening now that I'm tired and dizzy from circular arguments in CA. :D

Is there anything to be said for having a drink?

I'd love to. Can we leave it until tomorrow night?? As for CA and the Lifting of restrictions thread, I'll pass.:D

EMme.gif

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'd love to. Can we leave it until tomorrow night?? As for CA and the Lifting of restrictions thread, I'll pass.:D

EMme.gif

It's the Megain and Hostage thread she's talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement