Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cuan bhuire limerick mobile phone usage

• 26-08-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi my partner entered Cuan Bhuire limerick for alcohol rehabilitation,does any1 know the rules for mobile phones and payphone usage,he said his mobile was taken off him.it was turned off,he there 2 weeks now nearly and it was turned on today phoned it twice and msg it no reply,he called me after his 1St week from a payphone said he call back heard nothing since.i did receive a letter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

why don't you just ask Cuan Mhuire

My partner was there previously but good while ago - I don't recall ever speaking on mobile phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Star1979

why don't you just ask Cuan Mhuire

My partner was there previously but good while ago - I don't recall ever speaking on mobile phone

Thanks just found out there he's home since Wednesday,I knew there was something up.he lasted a week and a half thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I ve worked with people who have attended Can Mhuire and yes usually their phones are turned off and taken from them. Clients normally use an on-site payphone to make calls

Afair only time their phone might be accessed while in treatment would be in case of emergency or to retrieve a phone number.

Owryan wrote: »
    I ve worked with people who have attended Can Mhuire and yes usually their phones are turned off and taken from them. Clients normally use an on-site payphone to make calls

Afair only time their phone might be accessed while in treatment would be in case of emergency or to retrieve a phone number.

Thanks for your reply your very helpful just got a phonecall to say he came out Wednesday lasted week and half I knew there was something up I'm furious I wrote him a letter and all.was waiting on his call to come visit.

Star1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply your very helpful just got a phonecall to say he came out Wednesday lasted week and half I knew there was something up I'm furious I wrote him a letter and all.was waiting on his call to come visit.

You're welcome. Just to let you know some people might have to make multiple attempts at attending Cuan Mhuire before they are either ready or strong enough to not only get but understand the help they need.

• Advertisement

Owryan wrote: »
    You're welcome. Just to let you know some people might have to make multiple attempts at attending Cuan Mhuire before they are either ready or strong enough to not only get but understand the help they need.

I know the damage is done for me he is very abusive both verbally and physically, I've dropped 2 charges of assault against him already and I'm 3 months pregnant,I can't mind him anymore.

In that case then I would say the priority has to be both yours and the unborn baby's health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Star1979 wrote: »
    I know the damage is done for me he is very abusive both verbally and physically, I've dropped 2 charges of assault against him already and I'm 3 months pregnant,I can't mind him anymore.

Have you spoken to a any family members, a trusted friend or even to Women's Aid . Leaving aside your partner's addiction issues, it's extremely concerning that you are continuing in a relationship with someone who's violent and abusive. It's bad enough that you appear to have chosen to stay with him. Now there's the possibility of bringing an innocent baby into this toxic environment. Have you given much thought to the damage you'll be doing to someone who didn't choose to live in such a home?

Advertisement