Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build with air to water heating system

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Latro wrote: »
    Bassfish wrote: »
    Pardon my piggy backing on the thread, we've moved in to an A3 rated new build with a Dimplex air to water system with the oversized radiators. We moved in in June so the last few days has been the first time we've felt the need to put the heating on. There's a number of options for use such as a timer and there's an option to maintain the internal temperature at say 21c and when the temperature drops below that it kicks in. What I'm wondering is how best to use it from a cost efficiency point of view.
    The house shouldn't lose heat that quickly so would the option of maintaining the temperature be a good idea of would it be better to have set times for the timer to kick in?
    It's a two storey semi D about 1400sq ft.
    Thanks for any tips.

Forget about thermostats. Weather compensating curve is the way to go if your device offers one. If it does experiment with the curve to achive constant 21 degrees, and let it run 24/7. There should be also setting for heating off, set it at 17 degrees external or whatever you think is best for you.

Hoping you or anyone might be in the know about this.
    We've one of these Dimplex A2W heaters in a new build and I've yet to use the space heating option. Don't know if this is the correct thing to do but I'm leaving the boiler on 24/7 and
    1. Have the Set temperature to 20degrees.
    2. House temperature has not dropped below this so heating hasn't kicked in to heat the rads (which are set to open/on)

Am I correct in saying that if the internal house temperature drops below 20, will the heating kick in and, is this the most efficient way to use this system?

Advertisement