Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airpark, Rathfarnham

Options
  • 19-09-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All

My husband & I are strongly considering buying a house in Airpark, Stocking Lane. Just wondering if anyone knows the area or has any feedback on it. We have 2 very young kids & ideally looking for somewhere with a good community spirit. All negative & positive comments would be very much welcome..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 toomefc

Also does anyone know whether it's mainly owner occupied or if there is alot of renters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I bought in Airpark around 4 years ago, it's a fine estate to live and I have had zero issues so far.

It's mainly full of families with young kids out playing most days, so you do have to be pretty careful when driving through.

The residents are pretty active on Facebook if any issues arise, and everyone is very friendly and neighborly.

There are some new houses built only within the last 18 months which AFAIK have all sold and they are in the process of finishing of a small landscaped park / playground for the estate which will be a nice addition to the area.

The 15B bus will give you a direct link into the city center, but traffic around the area in the morning times can be crazy so no harm considering that.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

A lot of houses and apartments being built now around that area. Ballycullen road, Stocking lane/avenue and the road around the new development at scholarstown are manic in the mornings and only going to get worse with no access to the m50 at that location.

Thank you so much for the reply McGrath5. The info was really helpful.

Can I ask who is responsible for the upkeep of the estate.. ie greens, shrubs et.. is it the residents or the council?

Also I'm assuming that there is no Management fees?(it's a 3 bed semi d)

Finally do you know if there is pedestrian access to Woodfield?

Traffic does seem to be very heavy though we are both used to this where we currently live so while not ideal wouldn't be a deal breaker

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

toomefc wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the reply McGrath5. The info was really helpful.

Can I ask who is responsible for the upkeep of the estate.. ie greens, shrubs et.. is it the residents or the council?

Also I'm assuming that there is no Management fees?(it's a 3 bed semi d)

Finally do you know if there is pedestrian access to Woodfield?

Traffic does seem to be very heavy though we are both used to this where we currently live so while not ideal wouldn't be a deal breaker

Thanks a mill :)

There is a management company in place, the fee per year is around €100.

Unfortunately there is no access for pedestrians to Woodfield, it would certainly make for a good short cut down to the local schools and shops.

it would be no harm to take a spin up Stocking Lane around 8.15 on a weekday morning, just to give yourself an idea of the traffic congestion in the area since it is probably some of the worst in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 luckyducky2016

Really helpful information McGrath5. I too have my eye on a house up for sale in the estate. Really like the estate and the area, especially it's proximity to good schools & Marley Park.

As previously mentioned on thread do you know why there is no footpath access to Woodfield. Surely this is a no-brainer? Has this ever been brought to attention of South Dublin County Council?

I found an article about social housing development in Stocking Lane. Do you know if this is the case or if it's simply the new legislation that requires all new housing developments to comprise of 10% social housing?

@toomefc did you decide to go with Airpark in the end?

Thanks
    Helen

Really helpful information McGrath5. I too have my eye on a house up for sale in the estate. Really like the estate and the area, especially it's proximity to good schools & Marley Park.

As previously mentioned on thread do you know why there is no footpath access to Woodfield. Surely this is a no-brainer? Has this ever been brought to attention of South Dublin County Council?

I found an article about social housing development in Stocking Lane. Do you know if this is the case or if it's simply the new legislation that requires all new housing developments to comprise of 10% social housing?

@toomefc did you decide to go with Airpark in the end

Thanks
    Helen

Yes we have a bid in & are awaiting vendor to make their decision. Not aware of any social housing & can't find anything online. Would think it's the 10% of all new developments as you mentioned.

Advertisement