Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch for Triathlon

Options
  • 16-10-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

I am signed up to do my first Triathlon next year (just a try a tri) but want to get a proper watch for it. Already have a garmin 645M for running but said I could budget around €200 for one for Triathlons.

Had been doing my research and settled on the Coros Pace 2. Reviews seems really good and looks like it will be perfect for what I want. Then I see today on amazon that the Garmin 735XT is down to £190. Right within budget.

Should I still go for the Coros though? Its a much newer watch and I think I could be attracted to the Garmin just cos its a garmin and what I have always used.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

If you are already using and used to the Garmin framework then it should be a no-brainer if the watch is in your budget.

Keep all your training records in the one place rather than switching around with platforms and trying to unite everything on Strava or Training Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah true. Only concern is the 735 is pretty old at this stage. I never really use garmin connect, everything for me is stored on Strava so that would be ok

Advertisement