Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ikea

Options
  • 06-08-2020 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

anyone been to the du line one recently. went today massive q. only cash so didn't make a difference as they are only taking card. just wondering anyone gone when not much q and what day time roughly. first time up since reopening taught may have calmed down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

What ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Matmania wrote: »
    anyone been to the du line one recently. went today massive q. only cash so didn't make a difference as they are only taking card. just wondering anyone gone when not much q and what day time roughly. first time up since reopening taught may have calmed down

I wasn’t there but Matmania posted about 13 minutes ago saying they were at the du line one today massive q. only cash so didn’t make a difference as they are only taking card.

Hope this helps.

I wasn’t there but Matmania posted about 13 minutes ago saying they were at the du line one today massive q. only cash so didn’t make a difference as they are only taking card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers G..
    That's clears it up for me.

is this book easy to understand for someone who doesn't have much knowledge of cosmology or astrophysics?

just wonder in g

greenspurs wrote: »
    Cheers G..

is this book easy to understand for someone who doesn't have much knowledge of cosmology or astrophysics?

just wonder in g

The Ikea book has a lot of pictures, but most of the words are in Elvish or some other gobbledygook. I’d recommend the hard copy, not the audiobook version. You’d only need the cosmology if it was very far away and you had to read it through a telescope. Remember, depending on the telescope’s optics, it may appear upside down - unless it’s the Australian edition.

I have a mirror retrofitted to my scope, I am in the ISS at the moment.
    It is true - Ikea is visible from space.

(Disclaimer - it could be Decathlon Sports)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

greenspurs wrote: »
    Cheers G..

just wonder in g

If you squint while reading the book , you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks it's a bit snotty to be taking the pee out of the OP. Granted it wasn't the finest put together post but you can get the gist of what they are trying to ask. Who knows their circumstances. What seems a bit of fun for you could be upsetting to the OP. Unlikely of course but always possible.

Its After Hours ……..

'Nuff said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Folks it's a bit snotty to be taking the pee out of the OP. Granted it wasn't the finest put together post but you can get the gist of what they are trying to ask. Who knows their circumstances. What seems a bit of fun for you could be upsetting to the OP. Unlikely of course but always possible.

They posted in AH. Surely they would be aware of the potential píss taking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

GBX wrote: »
    They posted in AH. Surely they would be aware of the potentially píss taking

Do you mean potential piss taking ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Planning on facing it later tonight but am I mad to go to the du line? Was going to try the c-u-p line but OH isn't that adventurous.

If you squint while reading the book , you should be fine.

Do the discounts apply if you are circling the planet?

Will DPD deliver?

Is there a letterbox on this bloody ISS ?? Or failing that a side gate ??

Jeez, why weren't we told these things in Astronaut college...…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I try to avoid IKEA myself, but I've found that whenever I do need to go, the best times are either as soon as it opens in the morning, or else the last hour before it closes at night. But if you're going at night, get to the tills about half an hour before the actual closing time - leave it any later and there'll be long queues of the dawdlers who've been saying "there's plenty of time to go yet".

Obviously, the key to it is knowing exactly what you want, and where to find it. My own record for the time between parking outside and driving away again is 17 minutes (and yes, I did queue and pay for them! - a Billy bookcase and couple of office cabinets).

My wife's approach would be the complete opposite. That's why we don't go there together any more. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

posted quick on my phone du sorry meant Dublin one. I can write. Just asking about waiting times up there. Anyway sorry I asked. Posted on my phone reading back probably doesn't make much sense. I have a sense of humor so I leave it there. Just close the thread I'll ring them.

The q was crazy today taught it may have eased since reopening. Was just wondering anyway go up when the q was ok. Hope that makes sense for the piss takers. No wonder boards gone to pot. Also if you have a go back at the children they go crying to the mods pathetic muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Obviously, the key to it is knowing exactly what you want, and where to find it. My own record for the time between parking outside and driving away again is 17 minutes (and yes, I did queue and pay for them! - a Billy bookcase and couple of office cabinets).

My wife's approach would be the complete opposite. That's why we don't go there together any more. :D

Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

The q was crazy today taught it may have eased since reopening. Was just wondering anyway go up when the q was ok. Hope that makes sense for the piss takers. No wonder boards gone to pot. Also if you have a go back at the children they go crying to the mods pathetic muppets.

Ah the mods try there best theirs no need for that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

posted quick on my phone du sorry meant Dublin one. I can write. Just asking about waiting times up there. Anyway sorry I asked. Posted on my phone reading back probably doesn't make much sense. I have a sense of humor so I leave it there. Just close the thread I'll ring them.

If you search the shop on Google it gives an idea of the “traffic” at the store.

To be honest, you’re going to be queuing whenever you go. Earlier is alway better. I’ve heard the queues move fairly well but that was from someone who went for 9:30/10am.

Also, the “canteen” is closed so there’s only doughnuts and tea/coffee on the way out. So eat before you go.

The tide is turning…

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I don't know why anyone would shop there at all, never mind queuing to get into the place. Absolutely appalling quality furniture and homewares, and very much operating in the sphere of the false economy. It's cheap for a reason - it's crap.

I don't know why anyone would shop there at all, never mind queuing to get into the place. Absolutely appalling quality furniture and homewares, and very much operating in the sphere of the false economy. It's cheap for a reason - it's crap.

I’ve a Billy Bookcase successfully holding books in a spare room for the past 10 years. Think it cost €32 at the time (today’s price is €45). We had a guy buy another old one we bought at the same time and no longer needed for €15 last year.

So the €32 bookcase successfully holds the books for 10 years, and you can still make almost 50% of the price back by selling it after that time.

That’s some false economy alright.

I've got a total of eight Billy bookcases in a home office myself. The desk I'm sitting at right now, and the chair I'm sitting on, are from IKEA too. Several other bits and pieces around the house too, including all the shelving units in our walk-in wardrobe and some furniture in a spare room, are also IKEA.

All of it (apart from some newer bookcases) close to ten years old, because that's when we built the house, and all of it as good as new.

Some people just like to complain about and look down their noses at stuff from big multinationals. They often just drink craft beer ("I wouldn't touch mass-produced slop!") and refuse to eat in chain restaurants too. No matter how tasty the occasional Big Mac is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thought, not taught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »
    Thought, not taught.

I thought your parents would have taught you not to correct people, though? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I try to avoid IKEA myself, but I've found that whenever I do need to go, the best times are either as soon as it opens in the morning, or else the last hour before it closes at night. But if you're going at night, get to the tills about half an hour before the actual closing time - leave it any later and there'll be long queues of the dawdlers who've been saying "there's plenty of time to go yet".

17 minutes! Pah!

Go in the exit and through the tills the wrong way straight to the warehouse, knowing exactly where what you want is, and you can be in and out in less than half that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

17 minutes! Pah!

Go in the exit and through the tills the wrong way straight to the warehouse, knowing exactly where what you want is, and you can be in and out in less than half that time...

Can't do that anymore.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Can't do that anymore.

Dang it. Just when I was about to say I'll try that the next time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Gone to pot since you joined? In May? Of this year?

:D

Advertisement