Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile GDPR account deletion... Old SIM number?

Options
  • 15-02-2021 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

To go ahead with deleting the data associated with a former account as per GDPR, Lycamobile require that you submit 1) your 19-digit SIM number, 2) two associated numbers, and 3) photographic ID.

Now, I obviously do not have some crusty SIM card lying around from years ago, and cannot provide its number. What do you reckon I can do? Their customer support via emails say they need it to continue.

They are by no means legally obligated to require this SIM number, and I reminded them of this, (read GDPR legislation yourself, it is short), but they don't care.

Any advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Just get on with your life.

Supplying more personal information in order to get them to delete personal information, Yeah, no thanks.

Advertisement