Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 5G - Eir Mobile Complete 30 Day

Options
  • 13-02-2021 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I signed up for the sim only mobile complete plan with eir, its meant to include 5G data

1) Received the sim which shows its a post-pay sim
    2) Activated on the plan
    3) Received a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G a few days ago so went to test it today in an area in Midleton, Cork which shows has good 5G coverage through the nperf app

Phone wouldn't connect to 5G at all, best was 4G+ pulling good speeds from 50-240Mbps

- tried turning phone on and off again
    - checked in settings to make sure it was on 5G/4G/3G/2G auto connect
    - tried in APN settings trying Eir Data under data.myeirmobile.ie and also Meteor Data under data.mymeteor.ie

Anyone out there offer any pointers where this could be causing an issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did you have the serving site in line of sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

I didnt no, was basing it off coverage levels on nperf showing where Eir 5G was picked up

Whats the best website to check mast locations and if the mast is 5G enabled or not?

anyone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Gonna answer my own question here, on my original post I thought i was in range of a 5G tower, perhaps i wasn't and thus didnt connect to it. Have since connected to a different mast that i know for sure is 5TG/NR enabled and i connected just fine to it

https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore - does show 5G enabled masts, it shows up as NR or (New Radio)

I was out food shopping and there is a NR/5G mast at Mahon in Cork

Speedtests outside around 700Mbps, inside Tesco around 400Mbps

• Advertisement
Advertisement