Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of issue with security.

Options
  • 03-12-2019 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭

Have an issue with stones being thrown at house - window was smashed.
    New house , so a pain.

Have been a few more incidents.

Anyone recommend a camera system to phone , with notification and perhaps a deterrent. I think I know who the kids are, but know taking them on daft , as not always at house, but family are.

Any ideas.

But a company to phone with notification and perhaps flashing light on camera - EZVIZ Full HD Wi-Fi Outdoor Security Camera + Siren/Strobe

Was thinking this above ?

Thanks - also any other ideas welcome, love to give them a few slaps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

New house , so a pain.

Anyone recommend a camera system to phone , with notification and perhaps a deterrent. I think I know who the kids are, but know taking them on daft , as not always at house, but family are.

Any ideas.

But a company to phone with notification and perhaps flashing light on camera - EZVIZ Full HD Wi-Fi Outdoor Security Camera + Siren/Strobe

catch em on cam but instead call guards and try to see where they live, point to street if needed and sue the ****er parents for damages - dont touch any *****, done it myself just to get **** of mother scream at me for her ****ing angel that nearly got stroke, aint worth hassle with scum, its guards and keep pressing once you identify even single one, **** will stop straight away.

as for equipment youll need some old pc whatever nas running to record constantly, strobe etc isnt worth it, as could be set off easily and will be annoying, get good cam with infra red and at least 20m distance to identify faces if needed. test to see how it works on network as theres some lag and delay so good router/cam combo as well if not going wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

scamalert wrote: »
    catch em on cam but instead call guards and try to see where they live, point to street if needed and sue the ****er parents for damages - dont touch any *****, done it myself just to get **** of mother scream at me for her ****ing angel that nearly got stroke, aint worth hassle with scum, its guards and keep pressing once you identify even single one, **** will stop straight away.

as for equipment youll need some old pc whatever nas running to record constantly, strobe etc isnt worth it, as could be set off easily and will be annoying, get good cam with infra red and at least 20m distance to identify faces if needed. test to see how it works on network as theres some lag and delay so good router/cam combo as well if not going wired.

:D:D

Seen some system with DVR - but in this day and age is there a simple wifi one ? onto something simple like SD card or internal mem.

By the way , want to put this up in a day tomorrow -

:D:D

Seen some system with DVR - but in this day and age is there a simple wifi one ? onto something simple like SD card or internal mem.
    i use simple wansview brand 720p, but hazzy image from street enough just to identify from appearance 15m away, but yes dig up on amazon theres quite few choices for what your looking, in terms of spec.

scamalert wrote: »
    i use simple wansview brand 720p, but hazzy image from street enough just to identify from appearance 15m away, but yes dig up on amazon theres quite few choices for what your looking, in terms of spec.

Was going to walk in a buy one in morning and stick up in day , so looking for a shop that sells good stuff - don't mind spending about 200 euro.

• Advertisement

Was going to walk in a buy one in morning and stick up in day , so looking for a shop that sells good stuff - don't mind spending about 200 euro.
    well imagine tough spot to be in for sure, lookup online any places or stores that might have something on the spot close to you.GL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

New house , so a pain.

Any ideas.

Have a look at the colorvu cameras and a DVR, colour at night as well which if its happening then will also identity the cloths they wear.

If you catch them then go to the guards, never get involved in anything, let the guards deal with it.

Advertisement