Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper zone fault

Options
  • 02-12-2019 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi I am getting a tamper zone 4 fault. I opened the panel and can see 4 zones. If I take out the two wires in zone 4 tamper and link out the two terminals do I leave cables disconnected or does it matter. Will this take out that circuit and stop my fault..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Hi I am getting a tamper zone 4 fault. I opened the panel and can see 4 zones. If I take out the two wires in zone 4 tamper and link out the two terminals do I leave cables disconnected or does it matter. Will this take out that circuit and stop my fault..

Yes if you put a link across the tamper side of the zone in the control panel this should clear the tamper fault leaving the alarm side working.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

altor wrote: »
    Yes if you put a link across the tamper side of the zone in the control panel this should clear the tamper fault leaving the alarm side working.

Thanks. Does it matter what I do with the two wires that I removed...as in twist together or leave apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Thanks. Does it matter what I do with the two wires that I removed...as in twist together or leave apart.

They are the tamper wires.
    Once you disconnect them in the control panel they are not been used so put a bit of tape around them and leave disconnected.

Advertisement