Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4

Options
  • 19-11-2019 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

Any good deals on a PS4? Will also need to purchase an extra controller and couple of games.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

bassets wrote:
    Any good deals on a PS4? Will also need to purchase an extra controller and couple of games.

New one coming soon I'd wait until then, price should drop big time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

New one coming soon I'd wait until then, price should drop big time

Soon?? More like a year. I picked one up in Argos with FIFA 20 for €300 at the weekend

Soon?? More like a year. I picked one up in Argos with FIFA 20 for €300 at the weekend

Feb/ march I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

4th quarter next year

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Looking for one myself at the minute - holding off until Black Friday in case anything comes up, might be worth looking then

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote:
    4th quarter next year

That's a balls ,my kids 17th end of February was going to surprise him,,,,ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

Thanks for the tips. I’ll hold out until later in the week and see if any offers pop up for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 guitarless

Smyths now has the PS4 Pro for 300

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Gamestop have good deals now as well.

Console bundle deal....ps4 pro 1 TB with Red Dead Redemption for €319.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm looking for a standard PS4 and an extra controller. If anyone spots a deal I'd love to hear about it please. Thank you.

• Advertisement

That's a balls ,my kids 17th end of February was going to surprise him,,,,ah well

the last 3 consoles came out in November (EU) with the original in December, so expect that kind of time line again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm looking for a standard PS4 and an extra controller. If anyone spots a deal I'd love to hear about it please. Thank you.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Neames wrote: »
    Gamestop have good deals now as well.

Console bundle deal....ps4 pro 1 TB with Red Dead Redemption for €319.99.

Is the Red Dead game an actual physical copy, or is itna digital download does anyone know?

Wouldn't be age appropriate for my kids, but I'm thinking I could do a trade in at Smyth's or GameStop etc against a few other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Is the Red Dead game an actual physical copy, or is itna digital download does anyone know?

Wouldn't be age appropriate for my kids, but I'm thinking I could do a trade in at Smyth's or GameStop etc against a few other games.

It's a Blu Ray Disc Copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Here is a 1TB ps4 pro fortnite bundle for 299 and you can add in death stranding, a blue-ray dvd and an extra ps4 controller for only 35 extra. Very good deal.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stor...1597518#sohdr3

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07KMV94JF/ on Amazon Germany has PS4 1TB slim for 199 euro, deal ends in a couple of hours. Deliver to Ireland is about 217.38 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

My kids are young, oldest 9, would i be best off going for the one for 229 in smyths with extra controller. Or argos the 335 with extra controller and a game not suitable for them anyway id imagine. The 500gb vs 1tb wouldnt make much difference to them would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

My kids are young, oldest 9, would i be best off going for the one for 229 in smyths with extra controller. Or argos the 335 with extra controller and a game not suitable for them anyway id imagine. The 500gb vs 1tb wouldnt make much difference to them would it?
    Depends on the game re memory and that, some games can take up around 100gb but depending on the kids if it’s boys the fifa is worth the extra tenner or so in smyths if your going to keep them away from 18 games you should be fine with that memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - anyone know good deals for the PS4 around please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - anyone know good deals for the PS4 around please?

Got one on Amazon the other day. Waiting on delivery. PS4 (500gb) and 3 games (cant remember what they are) for £250 (€285)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Got one on Amazon the other day. Waiting on delivery. PS4 (500gb) and 3 games (cant remember what they are) for £250 (€285)

Any link? I’ve been searching and can’t find anything like that. Seem to be sold out everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Hi Folks I’m looking out for a new PS4 pro if anyone knows of a good deal on one give us a shout thanks.

looks like there are no deals out there
    currys at 420 with TLOU2 and Smyths at 400 are the only places I can see selling them
    the old stock must be gone

Advertisement