Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game emulatrs what does everyone think of downlodable consols

• 06-09-2013 6:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just wondern what peple think about downloding game emulatrs. Is it a bit disrespctful. Is it ok considerng price of real gaming systms

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can get an old console for between 0-40 euros so they aren't exactly expensive. They are grand for testing games or playing games that are too expensive but an everdrive and the real console is a far better alternative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can get an old console for between 0-40 euros so they aren't exactly expensive. They are grand for testing games or playing games that are too expensive but an everdrive and the real console is a far better alternative.

Nothing lik playn the real games

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I agree to the most part - I currently can't afford much, but I tend to only use the SNES emulator for Earthbound as I'll never be able to afford that. Even though it'll be a while before I can buy Castlevania IV, I know that I eventually will in the next year or so, so I try to avoid playing it. I do play some games that I had when I was a kid on it, but won't likely be able to buy them in the next couple of years. Same goes for the PS1 emulator (although I'm lucky, my favourite ever game Skullmonkeys still works)

However, I use a NES emulator for a lot of games as I haven't much expendable money and really want to see if I'd ever be interested in it. Never had one when I was a kid, had the SNES, then the PS1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

I agree to the most part - I currently can't afford much, but I tend to only use the SNES emulator for Earthbound as I'll never be able to afford that. Even though it'll be a while before I can buy Castlevania IV, I know that I eventually will in the next year or so, so I try to avoid playing it. I do play some games that I had when I was a kid on it, but won't likely be able to buy them in the next couple of years. Same goes for the PS1 emulator (although I'm lucky, my favourite ever game Skullmonkeys still works)

However, I use a NES emulator for a lot of games as I haven't much expendable money and really want to see if I'd ever be interested in it. Never had one when I was a kid, had the SNES, then the PS1.

Yes me to I lik to try D games on emultors first before takin d jump and byin a consol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

They're fine for a bit, but given most emulators have some compromise or bypass in code to get'em to run smoothly, it can make for a lesser take on the actual thing. Sure, you can hook up a 360 pad to your PC, and run through a sizable chunk of a console's roster, but 90% of what I've tried has these barely noticeable lags that'll leave the likes of RPGs and sims manageable, but anything that requires an iota of reflex can be a frustrating experience; always compensating for a barely definable input pause.

• Advertisement
Advertisement