Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snes and nes games on wii

• 11-09-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was just talking to a friend about all the old games we used to play on nes snes and stefa mega drive and it got me thinking .
    As a 32 year old man with a mortgage mrs and 2 young kids I don't get much of a chance to play video games anymore although my daughter has a Nintendo wii . Got me thinking I would love to get all the old classics back to show my kids what real games are about . Classics like mario street fighter mortal kombat , punch out and micro machines but to name a few . I

I did a bit of research on trying to get them and they are CRAzY expensive so that blew my plan out of the water or maybe not as my friend told me

He reckons that you can put any old classic games you want onto your Nintendo wii , so I looked it up and he was right . It looks complicated and god knows I can't do it so I was wondering if there is anybody in the cork area who is versed in such methods .
    P.s I know you can get games on the wii channel but they are not cheap

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might I suggest a PSP with custom firmware.
    Then you can load some pretty good emulators on there and have all the classic games you like.
    The better alternative is to slowly build a collection of actual consoles and carts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

It couldn't be any easier, you want to softmod your wii, all it takes is an sd card, your wii's mac address and a visit to this website on pc

http://please.hackmii.com/

Old classic nes /snes games for wii are in .wad format for your information, couldnt tell you where or how to find them tho :cool:

have a look around the console mod forum, if your having any soft mod trouble :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=528

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's true, it's a dead handy job softmodding a Wii console, and you can install a number of emulators and they work great.
    Unfortunately obtaining these instructions is a thing best left to Google or Bing as you are not allowed to request game files or other methods to crack copyright protection here.
    You may find more info in the console modding forum or, as I said, try GBAtemp or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'm going to do this tomorrow, was thinking about it the last few days. My Wii is never used so may aswell put it to some use

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's handy to have even if the emulators are a bit shoddy. They run well but the authors stupidly don't use the correct resolution for the old consoles so there's lots of weird artifacts when games scroll vertically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobbyo247

nuxxx wrote: »
    I'm going to do this tomorrow, was thinking about it the last few days. My Wii is never used so may aswell put it to some use

Can you tell me how you get on , thanks for all the advice every1 but to be honest I don't know wAt modding is or most of the stuff you guys are saying .

Homework for tonight , brush up on my tekkers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

If your badly badly stuck and cant figure it out, I can do a job via mail for you, next day return, at no cost, well postage obviously. Im in Limerick. :D
    You only need send the wii itself, if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobbyo247

Stuxnet wrote: »
    If your badly badly stuck and cant figure it out, I can do a job via mail for you, next day return, at no cost, well postage obviously. Im in Limerick. :D
    You only need send the wii itself, if you want

That's very kind of you buddy . Ill pm you in a bit

Let that be the end of modding talk please.
    There's a specific forum for that and a spot there for members services

Advertisement