Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderate flood risk in next 48hrs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

The east definitely needed that rain after that mini heatwave :rolleyes:

Nice day here so far ... clothes still drying outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a drop of rain here either, only 8mm in the past week with most of that yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not a drop here in Mayo, infact the suns been out for most of the day, cool but dry. Great day for doing the washing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hellboy99 wrote: »
    There was 60mm (2.36") of rain here in the last 12 hours in Dundalk.

How much are you up to so far today? Think on your site it's saying around 12mm, looks closer to 20 to the naked eye in my dog's pot. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dub56

Just passed the 50mm mark since midnight in the last hour here
    in Firhouse,South Dublin.Now stands at 50.2mm.Heading down to check out the waterfall on the Dodder behind Mortons pub,it's usually spectacular after heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

dub56 wrote: »
    Just passed the 50mm mark since midnight in the last hour here
    in Firhouse,South Dublin.Now stands at 50.2mm.Heading down to check out the waterfall on the Dodder behind Mortons pub,it's usually spectacular after heavy rain

I was going to head down there earlier but the traffic looked to bad.
    I might head down later with the camera to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Some serious rain on the way in the next few hours lads

http://met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

Aaah a nice night in front of tv with a glass of wine watching xfactor :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

amacachi wrote: »
    How much are you up to so far today? Think on your site it's saying around 12mm, looks closer to 20 to the naked eye in my dog's pot. :pac:
    17.1mm so far, and I can safely say that my garden resembles your dog's pot :p So much for a heat wave :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hellboy99 wrote: »
    17.1mm so far, and I can safely say that my garden resembles your dog's pot :p So much for a heat wave :rolleyes:

Yeah the pot was emptied this morning but would have said there was an inch since then. Local weather events eh? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I think i may have set the parameters for the high temp forecast a bit long, it's still open til tomorrow and it's unlikely anywhere will break 18. Maybe I should have set up one with rainfall?! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

This flood risk has ended. All clear now, for how long we shall see;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

2 day rainfall totals for period 30th Sept to 1st Oct. In sum, the south and east did much better than the rest of us with Dublin Airport seeing the highest rainfall totals from this slow moving frontal system:

176574.png

NOTE: All station data is based on the values given on the Met Eireann Daily Data page (midnight to midnight values)) except those stations marked with an * in which case the data is taken from Ogimet (0000 UTC to 0000 UTC values) as Met Eireann's 1st Oct values are not updated on the site at the time of writing and as a result they may differ slightly from the midnight to midnight values when they are updated later.**

** What a long sentence!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Waterford Totals, Friday 26.0mm, Saturday 9.4mm so a total of 35.4mm.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Advertisement