Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP retro compilations.

Options
  • 27-05-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

There's a wealth of great retro compilations available for the PSP (Midway arcade treasures extended, Activision hits remixed, Samurai Shodown anthology, Sega mega drive collection, Capcom classics remixed, Gradius collection Capcom classics reloaded and Capcom puzzle world) so I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I have all of them myself and am very impressed. Great convenience to being able to carry the equivalent of a few arcades and consoles in a psp bag.:)
    I think credit goes to Activision, SNK and Sega for presentation but I am a bit disappointed that Midway and Capcom left out a lot of the extras which where on the PS2/Xbox versions of these games.

Anyway, for those of you who played these compilations what are your thoughts on the quality of the presentation, emulation and game selection of each respective compilation? I'm a bit disappointed that the Streets of rage games were left out of Megadrive collection and Super street fighter 2 turbo was left out of both Capcom collections. It was good that Midway arcade treasures extended features the original Mortal Kombat, unlike the PS2/XBOX versions. Shame they messed up some of the BGM and left out the character profiles though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have the Parodius collection and everythings great except for the blasted controls which are a load of arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I never knew there even was a Parodius collection, or did you mean Gradious collection?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Parodius collection was a japan only release iirc. There's also a japanese only Slamander collection.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You forgot Taito Legends. It's not bad as it has a few favorites of mine Qix, Rastan and Tne New Zealand Story (Although not my favorite Rom). The controls are pretty good but they left out a lot load of true classics imo. I emulate CPS1 -2 games on the psp for all my SF2 needs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Parodius collection was a japan only release iirc. There's also a japanese only Slamander collection.

Yup, Japan only as far as I can gather. There's also Twinbee Portable. Most of them are available on budget now so they should be available online cheaply. Probably the handiest way to get your hands on all them retro shmups, even if you do sacrifice a good joystick in the process!

• Advertisement
Advertisement