Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What arcade system is it?

Options
  • 02-11-2001 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

I've had a look through a lot of the MAME supported games (and a few others)... but what I was wondering is:
    What arcade systems were used for games like Tekken, Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally, Virtua Cop, Cruisin' USA... and the mid-90's arcade games like that?
    Most of what I've found are obscure 80's games I've never heard of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Modeler: http://www.impactemu.com/index.phtml?s=modeler&ss=index is a work in progress. It does some old 3d sega games, but alot of the ones you've mentioned are fairly new. Emulating them would be difficult...and I don't think anyones ever attempted it yet.

I'd wait a while yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah they're not that new... they pre-date the N64, and already the N64 is reasonably well emulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

afaik the chipset used in the tekken, ridge racer and other namco arcade games from that time (up to tekken 2 which i think used a more advanced chipset) were the same (or just abouts) as the origional psx. psx emulation is already well advanced so in theory it wouldnt be relativly that hard.

Advertisement