Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying in area with high crime rates

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

bri007 wrote: »
    Cabra is good spot to buy, prices are gone up last few years due to location but it’s not a bad area these says, some parts are still not great but most are ok and a lot of people buying into the area. House are bit small but good solid builds. I know someone who just moved into one, needed a lot of work but it cost €300k

That is the thing. Ideally we would like to skip the cost of renovation. Some of the houses in D15 for 250k they look fabulous. The question is now how are the bids these days? Is there many people bidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

elizunia87 wrote: »
    That is the thing. Ideally we would like to skip the cost of renovation. Some of the houses in D15 for 250k they look fabulous. The question is now how are the bids these days? Is there many people bidding?

Property price register is your friend. Don't get yourself involved into a bidding war as you'll often find yourself bidding against a ghost.

+ EDIT, there's a gang war going on between Blanchardstown and Finglas. A lot of shootings in d15 in the last weeks. It's a bit like wild wild west

voluntary wrote: »
    Property price register is your friend. Don't get yourself involved into a bidding war as you'll often find yourself bidding against a ghost.

+ EDIT, there's a gang war going on between Blanchardstown and Finglas. A lot of shootings in d15 in the last weeks. It's a bit like wild wild west

I know about this. Maybe Ongar / Clonee. We still have couple of months to go (applying in September). I wish I could escape from this ***** Dublin :) I am sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There are working class areas, you can buy in that are relatively safe.
    For example ,coolock ,or finglas,
    but you need to know the area .
    pick a house in a council estate , where 95 per cent of the houses
    are owned by the people living there ,bought from the council.
    Pick a smaller estate, not a estate with 500 plus houses in it ,maybe close to a main road .
    Blanchardstown is a large area, there s a mix of council house,s ,
    private houses ,apartments .
    i could name one estate thats a bit rough ,
    but theres very quiet parts of blanchardstown.
    There s a feud going on between 2 gangs in dublin for at least 5 years .
    My friend lives in finglas and i lived in a private estate in blanch for 4 years .I never felt in danger in blanchardstown and i cycled around alot when i lived there .
    maybe drive around there after 9 pm, on friday and saturday ,
    to see what its like .
    She lives in an ex council estate in finglas ,
    the average age there is 40 plus,
    theres very few young people living in that estate .
    90 per cent of anti social behavior is done by people under 30.

I used to live in Clancy Road and cycled through Finglas Road every late evening from city centre. Nothing bad happened, but my friend was attacked and bitten up by banch of teenagers, badly.

Would you name a good areas, quiet in the price range max 300k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Drimnagh, near the hospital, is quite good in terms of anti-social behaviour, amenities, transport links, closeness to city-centre. The three bedroom houses od the style of the ones on Mangerton/Brandon/Errigal Road have come down in price from about 300K to about 280K, and are good little houses, with nice layouts (bathroom and three bedrooms upstairs; two receptions and a kitchen downstairs). The more westerly part of Drimnagh, nearer to the hospital and Walkinstown, the better.

Advertisement