Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

funny comment from another forum

"Breaking ITK : We will buy a world class midfielder for a record breaking fee. When he arrives at the club we will discover he speaks no english and sit him on the bench for 3 months. When he finally feels worthless and downtrodden we will play him for a game in -5 degrees in Lithuania where his performance will be sub-par. Fans will react angrilly at the flop and call for levy to be sacked. We will continue to play him sparodically in cup games, ensuring that he is out of position (ideally on his wrong foot). Fans will call for him to be sold and a new player signed (go back to start, deposit 20m)...."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    funny comment from another forum

"Breaking ITK : The board will purchase a world class midfielder that the current manager did not request for a record breaking fee . When he arrives at the club we will discover he speaks no english and sit him on the bench for 3 months. When he finally feels worthless and downtrodden we will play him for a game in -5 degrees in Lithuania where his performance will be sub-par. Fans will react angrilly at the flop and call for levy to be sacked. We will continue to play him sparodically in cup games, ensuring that he is out of position (ideally on his wrong foot). Fans will call for him to be sold and a new player signed (go back to start, deposit 20m)...."

Fixed your post

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So we're in a cup final...a bit more incentive to sign a goal scorer now maybe....

bit more incentive for the deadwood to hang about and possibly puck up a cup winners medal too unfortunately

• Advertisement

puck = pick

still can't edit on this app version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

The Telegraph is reporting this too, not that it's a reputable paper.

It'd be great if it was true. He'd go there on loan, score 40 goals in 15 games, they'd pay us £25m for him and they he won't score ever again. Fantastic!

Realistically, if PSG are willing to pay £50m for Luiz, we should easily be able to get £80m for Adebayor. :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

SHOCKINGLY QUIET ON THE TRANSFER FRONT..:(

Maybe its because we still have 'Arry on the brain, to think that he used to entertain Sky Sports every window and make a comment about anyone we were linked to.

Makes a change i suppose that MP keeps schtum
    Even when the world and his dog knew Naughton was going, MP came out and still said that he doesnt expect any ins or outs...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm not all that fussed if we dont sign anyone. As long as there are some reasonable improvements in the summer and we dont lose the likes of Lloris and Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm not all that fussed if we dont sign anyone. As long as there are some reasonable improvements in the summer and we dont lose the likes of Lloris and Eriksen.

Ya wouldn't say no to a 40 billion striker to rotate or play alongside Harry, surely? If Harry picks up an injury it could be a very long time til mid May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya wouldn't say no to a 40 billion striker to rotate or play alongside Harry, surely? If Harry picks up an injury it could be a very long time til mid May.

Billion???

I wouldn't say no to a 25 goal a season striker though. Not like was're going to get one this late into January though. We do need a striker but doesn't look like it'll happen this window so not really fussed. Just hope Kane doesn't get injured.

A couple of things that we should all know about these transfer windows...

Swap deals NEVER happen!!!!!

80%ish of all transfers are done in the last few days of January!!!

The next few weeks will be full of paper fillers.

Me personally, i wouldnt mind ...

1. Ings, Austin, Shane Long.

2. Delph,

cant think of anyone else..

not all them, any of them....
    I dont see us getting a Shaqiri or Knopoylanka although i would love him over the lot!!!

Still hoping we'd get these two boys..... seemingly for £5m and £7m respectively.... pace and goals for £12m ????

Cant go wrong, irrespective of the Ukrainains "have to settle malarkey", i'd still love to get them......longshot is Miralles for Lennon....

Other than these deals, i dont think we'll get anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mirallas/Lennon...That's the only one I could see happening.

Ings is going nowhere, there was talk of Liverpool buying him, then loaning him back to Burnley for the remaining season, which sounds plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Still hoping we'd get these two boys..... seemingly for £5m and £7m respectively.... pace and goals for £12m ????

Cant go wrong, irrespective of the Ukrainains "have to settle malarkey", i'd still love to get them......longshot is Miralles for Lennon....

Other than these deals, i dont think we'll get anyone.

Shaquiri is gone to Inter on loan.

Konoplyanka, forget Ukrainians/Russians taking time to settle, most of them never settle. If Pav and Rebrov aren't evidence enough, there is Shevchenko, Bilyaletdinov, Smertin, Zhirkov, Arshavin, Pogrebnyak and I'm probably leaving out a few.

The only one I remember doing half decent was Luzhny for Arsenal, and he was only ok.

There's bound to be an exception to the rule eventually, but clubs willing to pay top dollar for them when they're more than likely going to flop, is just insanity.

Don't mean to sound xenophobic, it's no reflection on them as people or as footballers in general, but they just don't usually take to English football.

Konoplyanka fro £7m though....cant go wrong.

Konoplyanka fro £7m though....cant go wrong.

You're right, there's definitely no way he'll fail to settle in English football.

Ormus wrote: »
    You're right, there's definitely no way he'll fail to settle in English football.

As in the value, £7m.....cant go wrong.... if he flops.....meh...

Look at the other big buys we've made.

i get your sarcasm..others maybe not.;)

Ormus wrote: »
    There's bound to be an exception to the rule eventually, but clubs willing to pay top dollar for them when they're more than likely going to flop, is just insanity.

Andrei Kanchelskis..... :cool::cool:

Andrei Kanchelskis..... :cool::cool:

He was deadly in fairness.

As in the value, £7m.....cant go wrong.... if he flops.....meh...

Look at the other big buys we've made.

i get your sarcasm..others maybe not.;)

Ah ok. It is a fairly small fee as they go these days. Is he a battler though? The likes of Pav and Arshavin were just not interested in competing.

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aaron-lennon-agrees-hull-city-5072540?

Lennon to Hull on loan.

Could work out really well. If he plays to his strengths he could look for £8-10m come the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aaron-lennon-agrees-hull-city-5072540?

Lennon to Hull on loan.

Could work out really well. If he plays to his strengths he could look for £8-10m come the end of the season.

Must have been some mega falling out, between both player & manager. In fairness, Lennon kept his mouth shut. Better buy a Hull jersey at this rate.

When the summer time rolls around, we better inject some pace in this current side. As it sucks.

The Hull team is basically Tottenham circa 2011. Steve Bruce has a thing for our club I think. Remember him signing Ghaly (temporarily) and Mido whilst he was at Birmingham too off the top of my head. Could be more although it could be because we used to be so active in the transfer market!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

I like Mirallas.... It would be an odd team with him and Chadli on either wing. Very similar players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I'd be delighted with Reid, a huge upgrade defensely over walker, the brain dead snoozer!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

davycc wrote: »
    I'd be delighted with Reid, a huge upgrade defensely over walker, the brain dead snoozer!

He's been playing centre half has he not??

MK Dons are saying Dell Alli is coming our way - http://www.mkweb.co.uk/DELE-ALLI-Tottenham-bound-midfielder-set-complete/story-25960711-detail/story.html?

We'll buy him and loan him back.

• Advertisement

Advertisement