Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Seinfeld

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fair play to them - the faux american accent bugged me a little, thought it would have been better if played more naturally. But everyone's a critic, right? Looks very professional - A for effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fair play to him, v good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've seen people shot for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 billygannon

I watched this and I thought it was dreadful. Why did they make this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

I'm gonna find them and kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I thought it was pretty funny.
    Damon_Kind wrote:
    I'm gonna find them and kill them.

Moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Why would you bother making a Donnybrook Seinfeld and do it in affected American accents. Wouldn't it have been funnier in local accents? Doyyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Vinnie

I'm making an Irish version of Father Ted. I cant find any Irish people to do it though so I'll be using Americans. When the DVD gets released I'll be using the proceeds to fly over to Canada and begin casting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭brianoak

smuckers wrote:
    Fair play to him, v good.

Are you posting this from a mental home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Zeelander

I thought it was pretty funny.
    Moderator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

This thread sums up pretty much everything I hate about boards.ie and most of the idiots that post on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bah it's the internet, you'll get arses everywhere, not just here.

Still watching it. Not a bad attempt.

What bugs me though, oisin, is people who are too lazy to even scratch their arse properly will criticize people making an effort like this.

fade2black wrote:
    What bugs me though, oisin, is people who are too lazy to even scratch their arse properly will criticize people making an effort like this.

How do you know anything about me or the others who've been critical?

Don't be such an arse, people are entitled to their opinions.

You think we should applaud effort? Its not the special olympics you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Just watched the intro bit.. Eddie Rockets lol :D

Having been to Tom's Restaurant / Monks in NY a few times it probably is the closest thing we have, if not nearly as good.

Fair play to them, I look forward to watching the rest of it later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Thought some of it was funny, good writing and a lot better produced than I anticipated. Accent got a bit on the nerves but good try.

fade2black wrote:
    This thread sums up pretty much everything I hate about boards.ie and most of the idiots that post on it.
    I watched this and I thought it was terrible. I thought it was a tragic waste of time for both myself and the people involved making it.
    To put it simply, Dublin's not New York. It's like watching Far and Away.

Clearly they're youngsters who are big fans of Seinfeld, and they'll probably look back at this and laugh.

What next? An Irish version of the Daily Show? Why? Why did they do this and why did their clearly unhelpful friends allow them to?

I watched this and I thought it was terrible. I thought it was a tragic waste of time for both myself and the people involved making it.
    To put it simply, Dublin's not New York. It's like watching Far and Away.

Clearly they're youngsters who are big fans of Seinfeld, and they'll probably look back at this and laugh.

What next? An Irish version of the Daily Show? Why? Why did they do this and why did their clearly unhelpful friends allow them to?

you're right billy. In future, I just wish people wouldn't bother. We have enough artists as it is, we don't need more. I also think we should insult the OP and his mates for having the audacity to think they should give it a go.

:rolleyes:
    Totally agree with F2B on this.

ed: didn't know F2B was the OP, so he's obviously biased. I'm not tho, and I still agree with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

tbh wrote:
    you're right billy. In future, I just wish people wouldn't bother. We have enough artists as it is, we don't need more. I also think we should insult the OP and his mates for having the audacity to think they should give it a go.

I saw this Seinfled thing and it made me want to kill!
    It is so painfully bad and everyone involved should be deeply ashamed of themselves.
    Did they really think it was going to be as good as even the worst episode of Seinfeld?
    Just because someone had a go at something doesn't mean it was worth doing.
    Also, when you say someone shouldn't criticise someone for having a go at someone you must be the kind of person who never criticised anything otherwise you'd be a hypocrite, right TBH?

tbh wrote:

I'm not saying they shouldn't do anything. This piece of work is really bad. It's not funny - in fact, it's made me angry.

Fair play for effort and they'll all probably end up in great film and tv jobs, but it's still rubbish.

• Advertisement

If I don't like something creative, like a movie, piece of writing or whatever I'll be honest but I won't try to be a comedian in the process. There's nothing wrong with saying fair play to them for the effort but it wasn't for me because....

Most of the crap on this thread is people just trying to be smart.

fade2black wrote:
    If I don't like something creative, like a movie, piece of writing or whatever I'll be honest but I won't try to be a comedian in the process. There's nothing wrong with saying fair play to them for the effort but it wasn't for me because....

So, you're saying you've never just slagged something off that you think is rubbish?

fade2black wrote:

I haven't tried to be smart in the slightest. I've said what I thought.

I'm not going to say fair play to them, because I think they've wasted a lot of time and money doing this. They can clearly make a film and understand the various technical necessitites to produce it. Indeed, they clearly had the money to produce this as well.
    But why didn't they stop and think, or someone in their circle stop them and ask them seriously why they would go and spend all their talent and resources producing something like this?
    None of them can act. It's totally derivative. And if they are smart guys, which I reckon they are, they probably could have done something quite original and a lot better.

Wilbert wrote:
    So, you're saying you've never just slagged something off that you think is rubbish?

To be honest Wilbert, I'm not trying to make myself out to be holier than thou but because I'm used to submitting a lot of creative pieces for appraisal I try to give the kind of responses that I'd like to receive whether it be negative or positive.

If you wrote something or produced something and showed people and they said to ya "that's the worst bit of muck I've ever seen"....that's not going to help your cause in anyway. An acknowledgement of effort and constructive criticism is always the way to go. But hey, this is just my opinion.

I haven't tried to be smart in the slightest. I've said what I thought.

I'm not going to say fair play to them, because I think they've wasted a lot of time and money doing this. They can clearly make a film and understand the various technical necessitites to produce it. Indeed, they clearly had the money to produce this as well.
    But why didn't they stop and think, or someone in their circle stop them and ask them seriously why they would go and spend all their talent and resources producing something like this?
    None of them can act. It's totally derivative. And if they are smart guys, which I reckon they are, they probably could have done something quite original and a lot better.

it's a start. They are not looking for money or anything just maybe a bit of constructive criticism.
    wilbert wrote:
    I saw this Seinfled thing and it made me want to kill!
    It is so painfully bad and everyone involved should be deeply ashamed of themselves.
    Did they really think it was going to be as good as even the worst episode of Seinfeld?
    Just because someone had a go at something doesn't mean it was worth doing.
    Also, when you say someone shouldn't criticise someone for having a go at someone you must be the kind of person who never criticised anything otherwise you'd be a hypocrite, right TBH?

have a look at my first post - I criticized them for the accents. I admire them for not simply sitting on the couch going "this is ****e, this is ****e" at the tv - they gave it a go. It's not going to set the world of TV alight, but to be fair, I don't think that was their intention.

Here's something constructive...

Next time they want to write something, try creating characters of their own instead of ripping off someone elses creation.

What next, an Irish Only Fools and Horses? Set it in Joey's Mansions, get three students to attempt Cockney accents and drive around in a Reliant Robin selling Christmas decorations and Toblerones?

The episode is poorly acted (what's with all the hand gestures?) and poorly written (seeing as they had to put zero effort into creating their leading characters).

That do?

Oh yeah, A for effort...

I don't think they were hoping you would be fooled into believing it's a real episode of Seinfeld you know.

fade2black wrote:
    To be honest Wilbert, I'm not trying to make myself out to be holier than thou but because I'm used to submitting a lot of creative pieces for appraisal I try to give the kind of responses that I'd like to receive whether it be negative or positive.

If you wrote something or produced something and showed people and they said to ya "that's the worst bit of muck I've ever seen"....that's not going to help your cause in anyway. An acknowledgement of effort and constructive criticism is always the way to go. But hey, this is just my opinion.

Saying something is the worst bit of muck they've ever seen is a valid criticism. It may not be the most elegantly crafted critique but it is a direct response to the work so has to be considered.

I think this Seinfeld thing is a monumental waste of time, with some of the worst acting/accents I've ever witnessed. The writing is painfully amateurish and the whole thing is actually embarrassing to watch.

I wouldn't give them anything for effort because their efforts have produced one of the worst things I have ever seen.

The fact that they can't see how bad it is and put it up for the world to see on Google video is also staggering.

tbh wrote:
    I don't think they were hoping you would be fooled into believing it's a real episode of Seinfeld you know.

Gold star for you.

• Advertisement

Gold star for you.

I've already got 5. I keep 'em on my Liverpool European shirt :p

don't be so grumpy, it's nearly christmas. You didn't have to pay anything to watch them, they're just having a bit of craic.

tbh wrote:
    I've already got 5. I keep 'em on my Liverpool European shirt :p

don't be so grumpy, it's nearly christmas. You didn't have to pay anything to watch them, they're just having a bit of craic.

Free ****e is still ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

It seemed almost intentionally bad, but not quite as some people are making out. RTE don't really produce much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I think its good rip-off, george horribleness being mistaken for good intent and the chugger girl is well done etc etc

I presume this is satire
    Desperate for attention, Jason Alexander ridicules the Irish
    http://www.dailyrecord.com/blogs/warpedculture/2006/11/desperate-for-attention-jason.html

tbh wrote:
    it's a start. They are not looking for money or anything just maybe a bit of constructive criticism.
    Everything I have said is constructive. They obviously can put together an episode of a programme they all clearly like, but it's constructive to say it's rubbish and that they wasted their time doing it.

I'm not going to applaud something that isn't good. You give the people behind it a false sense of what they've achieved. In this case, they've produced something that is really bad. They need to know this because frankly, they come across as really unlikeable and untalented people in this film.

I'm sure they're not, but they need to be told that this so they don't go around believing their own bull****.

Telling them "oh it's a great effort" and "well done for getting up off your arse and doing it" isn't in the slightest bit constructive.

They've produced the film, so you know they can actually make a film. They clearly put a lot of effort and time in to it - but that's something they didn't need encouragement for. This is something they've done off their own back and there are already plenty of incentives and encouragement for people to do this kind of thing.

What needs to be criticised is what they've produced and, in this case, it's dreadful. This is something they need to take on board for whatever they do next. They're adults. Not a bunch of kids in a Nativity Play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Oh my god.

They gave them a TV show. RTE actually gave them a TV show. Clearly they use some sort of Wheel of Fortune format to decide who gets commissioned onto this station.

I wonder when they're airing this gem of a Seinfeld homage though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

NoelRock wrote: »
    Oh my god.

They gave them a TV show. RTE actually gave them a TV show. Clearly they use some sort of Wheel of Fortune format to decide who gets commissioned onto this station.

I wonder when they're airing this gem of a Seinfeld homage though?
    Your link doesn't work......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Disgustingly unfunny. Shocking. Absolutely terrible. Pooh. Poohed in my pants. Almost. **** sake you suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

you're a disgrace, i haven't seen anything this bad in years, oh my god, i just finished watching the end of it, never again

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

This is the most horrible thing I've ever seen! I would rather have cancer than watch this again.

Advertisement