Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happend ramp city ?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

is ramp city out off the old airport road closed , i heard rumours that it closed a few years ago and i am just wondering? and info at all welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

BAKER95 wrote: »
    is ramp city out off the old airport road closed , i heard rumours that it closed a few years ago and i am just wondering? and info at all welcome.
    hey man yeah it closed a few years back, the only indoor park around there now is Sofd which is just near the omni shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

hey man yeah it closed a few years back, the only indoor park around there now is Sofd which is just near the omni shopping centre

is it any good , is there any parks in the southside other than bushy or any in dublin as good as ramp city was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ramp city was the best skatepark we've ever had tbh.

The story as I've heard...
    The guy who owned the building tried to kick frank out and do it himself. Because he did it to frank and the community respecting frank more than some dick trying to make a quick buck, the park was boycotted. No money was made and it closed down.

That chap doesnt own that area anymore. Kylemore Karting do, and they are great people to work with (i know first hand).

red_ice wrote: »
    ramp city was the best skatepark we've ever had tbh.

The story as I've heard...
    The guy who owned the building tried to kick frank out and do it himself. Because he did it to frank and the community respecting frank more than some dick trying to make a quick buck, the park was boycotted. No money was made and it closed down.

That chap doesnt own that area anymore. Kylemore Karting do, and they are great people to work with (i know first hand).

do you think it might be opened again by new people and maybe some of the old guys that ran it ,,, there would be a lot of people prepared to skate there and I myself wouldnt mind giving a hand building ramps to get it started.. .ive built a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

do you think it might be opened again by new people and maybe some of the old guys that ran it ,,, there would be a lot of people prepared to skate there and I myself wouldnt mind giving a hand building ramps to get it started.. .ive built a few.

cant say anything more on the matter, i've said enough as it is! But i know the guy who owns that premises and go karts wouldnt have any use in that place. Then again, he works with karts, not skateparks...

i do know of something very exciting that should happen soon enough, and i DEFO cant talk about it!

as far as ramp building goes, the lads wouldnt let anyone help, not even their mates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

yes it is sadly

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Yeah its closed...was a great spot

Advertisement