Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster templates

Options
  • 18-10-2011 7:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

I've used sciposter in the past, and it seems to be great. I was looking for a bit of variety, particularly for posters where sciposter is too formal, and found beamerposter and baposter. Has anyone had any experience with either of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm putting together a poster at the moment and, to be honest, I found both sciposter and beamerposter to be far too inflexible. First time I've tried using LaTeX to do a poster, but I'm finding it far easier to just define my own simple environments and lay everything out with minipages.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

I've used beamer to do one or two posters and found it worked for what I needed. Although I've stuck to a 3-column approach with the most complex element being a figure going horizontal across two columns so it may be unsuitable for anything more complex than that. With my graphic design limitations, I'll never find out ;)

Advertisement