Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi Programer

Options
  • 23-07-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am looking for someone who can program a Raspberry Pi for me as I have no programming experience. From my own research I have found out that Raspberry Pis can be programmed to work as FM transmitters and it is this that I am looking to get done for an Art project I am working on. I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with/suggest someone who might be able to help me with this project please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

markclare wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for someone who can program a Raspberry Pi for me as I have no programming experience. From my own research I have found out that Raspberry Pis can be programmed to work as FM transmitters and it is this that I am looking to get done for an Art project I am working on. I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with/suggest someone who might be able to help me with this project please?

The electronics and microcontroller night would be the best time to drop in. The schedule is on the website www.tog.ie , next meeting August 1st 2016.

I found some info online in relation to what you want to do.

http://www.icrobotics.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Turning_the_Raspberry_Pi_Into_an_FM_Transmitter

We normally ask some questions on the project such as:

1) Do you have a deadline?

2) Do you own, a raspberry pi and if so which exact model?

3) Do you have a laptop and if so what type, ie mac or windows and win xp or win 10 etc.

4) Do you have any budget/money for the time needed to help?

5) Do you have a specific song/music/audio you want to play? What?

6) Do you have any idea how to program the raspberry pi?

7) Have you electronic experience? Can you solder a wire?

Answer all these questions, and possibly ask for some help on the public email list. For someone who knows how to do it, they might get it working in less than an hour. You can buy working FM transmitters without making one too.

Advertisement