Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-04-2018, 11:29   #46
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Fact is most people arent particularly shocked by anything that goes on in rugby circles, rugby after game antics have always been known not to be for the faint hearted.

Its all legal adult consensual sex as was the threesome that Jackson and Olding participated in. The sponsors know this and so far they have been happy to be associated with it. If they disassociate now it will be because the twitter mob and the Rape Crisis Centre are demanding that they do so it will look hypocritical in the extreme. It will also piss off a lot of wealthy rugby fans who think their sexual activity is no one elses business and least of all the rape crisis centres.

The Rape Crisis Centre need to keep their noses out of this, these men were acquitted of all rape charges so the rape crisis centre has no reason to be pontificating in anyway about their behaviour. The Rape crisis centre will lose out on funding from people who give to help genuine victims of rape, if the rape crisis centre is now going to align themselves with every rape case where men are found not guilty then the Government should cease funding them.

We have to have respect for the rule of law and there is no point in underhandedly undermining a lawful verdict while professing that you accept the verdict.

Morning Ireland should not have entertained that woman from the Rape Crisis Centre at all.
tretorn is offline  
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 11:31   #47
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by facehugger99 View Post
What are you blathering about. He was impeached.
And.

He is completely rehabilitated and is now travelling the world and feted everywhere.
tretorn is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:33   #48
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
Any Irish adults who are protesting about the jury decision in this case and maintaining innocent people cant go back to where their lives left off are not judging this case on its merits.
Can you not see that a majority of irish people think Olding and Jackson were involved in a tawdry, messy happening, where a 19 year old girl left Jackson's house in distress. Language was used that was very degrading to women. Many irish people don't want these men wearing their national jersey and representing their country???

How many times does this have to be spelt out for you week after week?

Whether you want to see them playing with Ireland or not, to be unable or unwilling to comprehend why decent irish people don't want them representing them is unbelievable.
NAGDEFI is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:35   #49
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
Fact is most people arent particularly shocked by anything that goes on in rugby circles, rugby after game antics have always been known not to be for the faint hearted.

Its all legal adult consensual sex as was the threesome that Jackson and Olding participated in. The sponsors know this and so far they have been happy to be associated with it. If they disassociate now it will be because the twitter mob and the Rape Crisis Centre are demanding that they do so it will look hypocritical in the extreme. It will also piss off a lot of wealthy rugby fans who think their sexual activity is no one elses business and least of all the rape crisis centres.

The Rape Crisis Centre need to keep their noses out of this, these men were acquitted of all rape charges so the rape crisis centre has no reason to be pontificating in anyway about their behaviour. The Rape crisis centre will lose out on funding from people who give to help genuine victims of rape, if the rape crisis centre is now going to align themselves with every rape case where men are found not guilty then the Government should cease funding them.

We have to have respect for the rule of law and there is no point in underhandedly undermining a lawful verdict while professing that you accept the verdict.

Morning Ireland should not have entertained that woman from the Rape Crisis Centre at all.
What's your vested interest here? Do you defend all non guilty rape cases or are you fixated with Paddy Jackson?

If you really want him playing that badly from a rugby point of view you should realise that there are bigger things than rugby.
NAGDEFI is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:35   #50
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryduff12 View Post
Any chance of a pm of them Whatsapp messages.
Are you looking for the whatasapp messages released yesterday, the ones with the video attached.

I dont have them but someone on the previous thread has them, they are very juicy seemingly. Half the country is looking for them.
tretorn is offline  
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 11:38   #51
facehugger99
Registered User
 
facehugger99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
And.

He is completely rehabilitated and is now travelling the world and feted everywhere.
Yeah, that won't be happening with Jackson. Make your peace with it and move on.
facehugger99 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-04-2018, 11:38   #52
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGDEFI View Post
What's your vested interest here? Do you defend all non guilty rape cases or are you fixated with Paddy Jackson?

If you really want him playing that badly from a rugby point of view you should realise that there are bigger things than rugby.

Anyone who is judged by their peers in a court of law is not guilty on all counts that they have been charged with.

This is the position most sensible people take, what is the alternative, ugly shrieking on twitter, no thank you.

Do you stick your nose into all trials where the defendents walk out innocent or is it only men who are cleared of rape charges you have a problem with.
tretorn is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2018, 11:42   #53
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
And.

He is completely rehabilitated and is now travelling the world and feted everywhere.
There's no comparison and to entertain you is a waste of time. You don't seem to realise that practically every French prime minister and each UK head of state has/had a mistress. Politicians having affairs, have been tolerated for millenia.

You need to get your head around the fallout from a rape case and what individuals actually said... Bill Clinton never said one derogatory remark about women in the Lewinski case.
NAGDEFI is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:45   #54
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
Anyone who is judged by their peers in a court of law is not guilty on all counts that they have been charged with.

This is the position most sensible people take, what is the alternative, ugly shrieking on twitter, no thank you.

Do you stick your nose into all trials where the defendents walk out innocent or is it only men who are cleared of rape charges you have a problem with.
Again innocent by law but not in the eyes of many because of behaviour. Forget your twitterati bull. It's in the eyes of sponsors, the public.

The old phrase about wise men debating with fools comes to mind with you.

I have a problem with men who belittle and demean other human beings representing my country.
NAGDEFI is offline  
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 11:48   #55
givyjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by facehugger99 View Post
Yeah, that won't be happening with Jackson. Make your peace with it and move on.
What won't be happening? His rehabilitation? If so rehabilitation from what? You seem to be taking a rather ugly pleasure from the potential fallout for PJ and the other lads.
givyjoe is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:52   #56
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 738
I'm going now because it only takes a few posts to say what you have to say.

No doubt there'll be 100 more posts about, twitter and mobs, innocent men etc.

From posters who ignore 2 key points.

1. It's ordinary irish men and women who don't want Jackson and Olding playing. Not feminazi, hashtag groups and all their other efforts to say it's some organised clique behind it.

2. You can be found innocent in a court of law but your language and behaviour may result in people not wanting you representing their country.

Tretorn etc. If you don't make your point after 2 months, stop boring.
NAGDEFI is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:52   #57
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Innocent of all charges brought, thats all that matters when it comes to employment rights.



The whatsapp messages that the men sent were in response to messages sent by other rugby players, if Jackson and Olding a re to be sacked for them then that means that every worker in the country should be sacked for smutty texts.

Only an incredible stupid person and a total prude would want this scenario.
tretorn is offline  
12-04-2018, 11:54   #58
Mrsmum
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by givyjoe View Post
Seen as they weren't found guilty of anything, I can only assume you mean because of their foolish text messages? Do you judge yourself by the same standards?
We are past the point of wondering (as if there was ever any doubt) was their behaviour acceptable or not. I think you should read Pj's apology and keep reading it every day or hour until it gets into your head that their behaviour was not acceptable. Now next on the agenda is can the general public forgive because without the backing of Mr & Mrs Joe Public they are on a hiding to nothing. it's all about cleaning up their act now. They can't do much themselves as they are learning that at the end of the day your reputation is all any of us are left with and theirs are in the gutter which is where they lowered themselves into. Sport in general could imo give them a helping hand - codes of conduct, mission statements on respect, zero tolerance and stated immediate sacking for conduct unbecoming and a very serious and public criticism of all that was wrong about what they did etc. That might help heal the revulsion out there.
Mrsmum is online now  
12-04-2018, 12:00   #59
take everything
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
Because its one of the busiest threads on boards.

Can someone PM me the juicy whatsapps.

I need a good laugh before I go to the dentist.

Will I get into trouble though If I open them. I suppose its not my fault if a bold person sennds them but then omg, poor Jackson got into more trouble becasue Harrison sent him juicy stuff from the internet.

The woman in the juicy stuff may be happy to be in the threesome because she is paid for it, she is probably gorgeous and the harpies think they should tell other women not to capitalise on their good looks, the harpies are just jealous because no one would invite them to join a threesome.

The harpies shouldnt die wondering what a threesome would be like, if they go online they could probably find a website where male escorts would do a threesome if you pay them.
Seriously what is wrong with you.
The Twitter mob thinking they know better than the Justice system annoy the crap out of me as much as the next reasonable person.
But God you're as bad
take everything is online now  
12-04-2018, 12:01   #60
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Im pretty critical of women who go out and drink too much and then invite themselves back into house and bedroom of a well known rugby sportsman.

I really hope the woman at the centre of this case takes care that this never happens again .

I hope other young women who are presently partaking in threesomes with famous sportspeople now pause for a second and think about their self respect.

I am not repulsed though about anyones right to do what they like but you cant go into the kitchen and then complain its too hot.

Thats not rape, its regret.
tretorn is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search