Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 20:36   #91
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades! View Post
Please tell me, have you ever read the published flatulence of Messrs. Dawkins or Hitchens?

I'd love to read more about your original views on the matter.
They just said they don't "think" that happens. What's wrong with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuital View Post
Weird? No.

Miserable, sad people who feel the need to jump into an RIP thread in order to speak ill of a woman and proud mother whom by all accounts was well liked and clearly adored her son? Yes.

RIP Philomena.

I hope they’re somewhere together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Badmouthing an old lady is nearly as cool and edgy as hating U2.
Well having nothing to do with her children/grandchildren isn't great form.

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 12-06-2019 at 22:15.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 20:37   #92
Mental Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Squeaking Ice View Post
They just they don't "think" that happens. What's wrong with that?

Read her book.
12-06-2019, 20:37   #93
Maryanne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwayguy35 View Post
Seemed strange that she put the other 2 kids she had up for adoption and kept Phil.
He was probably the oldest. I seem to remember that his dad used to pay maintenance.
12-06-2019, 20:42   #94
Catmaniac

Mod: Radio, ZTest
A marvelous, beautiful lady. My late mother, who had scarce hair as she aged, wanted to know what she did to keep that supreme head of hair. She became more beautiful as she aged.
12-06-2019, 22:14   #95
decky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by padd b1975 View Post
She had a strong dislike of Gary Moore too for some reason which I found unnecessary.

Maybe it was because he was a far superior musician to Phil.
Jealousy can be a cruel bedfellow.

May she rest in peace.
if you attended the concert in the point on the weekend they unveiled the statue of Phil you might see why , the concert in my opinion was about Gary Moore as he seemed to play far more than the other band members, and a life long friend of Phil's was told to come if he wanted to but not to bring anyone with him he just about got to sing one song. iI don't think she had anything to be jealous of.
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 22:14   #96
PARlance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwayguy35 View Post
Seemed strange that she put the other 2 kids she had up for adoption and kept Phil.
She was living in England at the time, Phil was sent back to Dublin to his grandparents to be raised. She had 2 more kids then, they were put up for adoption. She didn't raise any of them, she never really had a mothers role with Phil.

I'm assuming one child was all the grandparents could handle and the other two had to be put up for adoption.

Phil himself had a child with who was put up for adoption.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:17   #97
decky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARlance View Post
She was living in England at the time, Phil was sent back to Dublin to his grandparents to be raised. She had 2 more kids then, they were put up for adoption. She didn't raise any of them, she never really had a mothers role with Phil.

I'm assuming one child was all the grandparents could handle and the other two had to be put up for adoption.

don't think this is the time or place for that kind of talk, have a bit of respect.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:24   #98
DublinHun72

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARlance View Post

Read an article a while back which seems to indicate she had Phil in the U.K and kept him. She then had a daughter by the same father as Phil’s but she was given up for adoption as the parents then split. The father of both children alleges he wanted to marry her but she didn’t want to. She had a further son 2 years later. I’m unclear as that what point Phil was sent to Dublin to life with her parents.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:25   #99
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Squeaking Ice View Post
They just said they don't "think" that happens. What's wrong with that?

Her other two children were put up for adoption, I thought. If that’s the case, why would she see them? I don’t know whether she saw her grandchildren from Phil.
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 22:28   #100
Junkyard Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus Horribilis View Post
Like how a certain German supermarket chain will always be Liddle no matter how often they advertise it as "Leedle"
And some creeps pronounce it Lie-dill. They should beaten with a thorny stick.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:30   #101
Mental Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obvious Desperate Breakfasts View Post
Her other two children were put up for adoption, I thought. If that’s the case, why would she see them? I don’t know whether she saw her grandchildren from Phil.
She did
12-06-2019, 23:35   #102
Strazdas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus Horribilis View Post
I've had a listen to some of his solo stuff and think that if he hadn't died so young, he could've gone on to do some interesting things. Yellow Pearl isn't the greatest thing he ever did but it's quite a departure from Whiskey in the Jar. Thin Lizzy I can take or leave.
Yellow Pearl and Old Town were very good and an interesting departure from the Lizzy stuff but it does look like his career had stalled by the time he passed away (apparently the drug addiction was causing havoc for him and interfering with his music projects).
12-06-2019, 23:56   #103
Strumms

its a bit disappointing how the accusatory tone of this thread, especially in the circumstances seems to be on the verge of drowning out any notion of compassion, understanding, respect or kindness. When nobody here knew the woman or the inner machinations of her existence especially and the mindset and experiences that led her to make her choices all those years ago.

To have walked a mile in her shoes, and all that..
12-06-2019, 23:57   #104
Mental Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumms View Post
its a bit disappointing how the accusatory tone of this thread, especially in the circumstances seems to be on the verge of drowning out any notion of compassion, understanding, respect or kindness. When nobody here knew the woman or the inner machinations of her existence especially and the mindset and experiences that led her to make her choices all those years ago.

To have walked a mile in her shoes, and all that..
Here here
Thanks from:
13-06-2019, 00:06   #105
PTH2009

RIP very brave women and always kept her sons memory alive. Shes often attended many Thin Lizzy shows and other rock shows. The book was excellent

Her and Phil's life would make a awesome movie one day
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion