Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayliss & Harding Liquid Soap 3 x 500ml £3.99 Amazon

Options
  • 13-09-2020 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭

Bayliss & Harding Liquid Soap

Other fragrance

There was a thread on this previously. I know some don't see this as a bargain but when you consider that one 500ml container is nearly €5 or €6 in Tesco then having 3 delivered to your door for £3.99 most certainly is.

Comments

Bayliss & Harding Liquid Soap

Other fragrance

There was a thread on this previously. I know some don't see this as a bargain but when you consider than one 500ml container is nearly €5 or €6 in Tesco then having 3 delivered to your door for £3.99 most certainly is.

They're €3.24 in Tesco and €4.49 for 2 in Boots in Boots but a bargain nonetheless. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They're €3.24 in Tesco and €4.49 for 2 in Boots in Boots but a bargain nonetheless. :)

Good to know. Any time I've seen them in my local Tesco they've been priced higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Good price but a lot of negative reviews about scent, consistency, and cheap looking bottle and cap which don't match the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Yeah, I think the Amazon ones might be inferior after reading the reviews before. I'd say the ones in the shops are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

got the sweet mandarin a few months back, on sale from amazon- bought it for the price not for the brand ( had no clue about the brand, but from other people's feedback, i can tell they associate it with some posh/fancy brand )
    - (at least the sweet mandarin) left a light scent, low suds quantity when washing ( i personally like more ) the dispenser felt stiff/hard to press
    Can't tell much about the sanitising capability from scientific point of view ( didn't do tests about it ) , but when choosing soaps i'm not looking for a well looking bottle since will be discarded , and the 'luxury' fragrance doesn't go through the gloves i use most day, part of the current health and safety..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

go4it wrote: »
    got the sweet mandarin a few months back, on sale from amazon- bought it for the price not for the brand ( had no clue about the brand, but from other people's feedback, i can tell they associate it with some posh/fancy brand )
    - (at least the sweet mandarin) left a light scent, low suds quantity when washing ( i personally like more ) the dispenser felt stiff/hard to press
    Can't tell much about the sanitising capability from scientific point of view ( didn't do tests about it ) , but when choosing soaps i'm not looking for a well looking bottle since will be discarded , and the 'luxury' fragrance doesn't go through the gloves i use most day, part of the current health and safety..

Christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Just to note this isn’t ‘anti-bacterial‘. This brand has some hand soaps that are and some that aren’t.

Just to note this isn’t ‘anti-bacterial‘. This brand has some hand soaps that are and some that aren’t.

Not to reiterate the obvious or anything but if this is a covid19 reference, then let's remember that anti-bacterial products fight bacteria, not viruses.

Any soap product will remove a virus if used with warm water to wash hands properly and fully.

Have also noticed that the B&H soap from amazon has poor consistency, not much fragrance and doesn't seem to wash hands well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

As many have said above I bought last time and wont be buying again, very hard to get any form of suds going and I found I needed to use about twice the amount id use of cheap Tesco soap which is a fraction of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

DareGod wrote: »
    Not to reiterate the obvious or anything but if this is a covid19 reference, then let's remember that anti-bacterial products fight bacteria, not viruses.

Any soap product will remove a virus if used with warm water to wash hands properly and fully.

Just to note it is any soap...the water need not be hot or even lukewarm...it helps.. but the soap breaks down the lipids in the virus....just for any one thinking of schools etc without great water supply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Just to note it is any soap...the water need not be hot or even lukewarm...it helps.. but the soap breaks down the lipids in the virus....just for any one thinking of schools etc without great water supply

Exactly and pity more people don't know this. I had this argument with a health inspector who wanted hot water in a hand washing area and she claimed it was needed to kill bacteria on the hands.

As I have some knowledge of the area I explained that the water would need to be at boiling point which would result in severe burns to be effective and its the soap that loosens the bacteria and damages the cell walls and run off the hands into the plug hole with water of any temperature and that warm water is only recommended as people find it more comfortable.

As for Bayliss & Harding - its as good or bad as any mass market soap, but with a brand name attached. Not worth the so called rrp, but this is inflated so that very regular offers are given that makes people believe thy are getting a deal. Same concept with dishwasher tabs, washing powder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Low suds quantity is an issue for me - I'm out.

I can confirm what a few have already said, these are not the same quality they used to be. The scent is barely noticeable. Still, it's not terrible value all the same.

Advertisement