Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Earphones

1109110111112113115»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone have the Google Pixel Buds Pro?

How do you find them?

I can claim a free pair soon after buying a pixel 8a from EE in the UK.

Just wondering if I should try them out or sell them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Invincible

Soundpeats look good, just wonder how secure they'd be if you're moving about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I bought a 2nd hand pair from CEX & think they're pretty good. First time I bought what I'd call an expensive pair of earbud. Between them & a €12 pair of bone conducting headphones from TEMU (for jogging) I'm well covered.

Any link to the bone conduction set you got? Thanks

Some of the Chinese bone conduction headphones aren't actually using bone conduction, but actually speakers on the band. So make sure they're legit by reading reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I think they are great, also have a pair of sennheiser momentum 3 and find the pixels just as good if not better. They're a bit lighter and more compfortable not much different in the sound quality.

Had Shokz before, but they got snapped on one side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭flazio

While on the subject of Pixel Bud's. I got the A series about a year ago. They're decent enough for what they are but I do find sometimes the sound quality can drop out when I'm out and about, it's like they're trying to bounce the signal off a nearby wall but can't find any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

any recommendations for some I can use for work calls over teams?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

This is the pair I got, the price has gone up a little since I ordered. Interesting that it might be speakers in the band as someone commented, not 100% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

Ordered them later Sunday night after my post and got them this morning. Tick all the boxes I wanted them to tick but don't have an in ear sensor which stops whatever you're listening to when you remove one ear bud which is a bit annoying but apart from that they sound great, connect to and switch between 2 devices seamlessly and when I've used them on phone calls and Teams calls they've been crystal clear and I've had no negative feedback on how I sound to others so all in all as a pair of semi open multi point ear buds for work type use cases I'd give them a solid 8 out of 10.

Sound is full and as loud as I want but I'm not an audiophile.

Call quality is great.

Multi point works really well.

They are very comfortable.

The touch controls work well.

The app is a bit weird but works.

Active noise cancelling seems to have a positive effect drowning out background chatter but given they are semi open how effective can it ever be in such ear buds? It's an added bonus as far as I'm concerned but I wouldn't be buying these as noise cancelling ear buds.

I could definitely use them out running or in the gym as they are secure but not sure they'd be my first choice. Not sure if they are water proof or slash proof.

I really like the way the case hinges open, it makes removing and re-inserting the ear buds quite easy. So many ear buds are hard to get out of the case as the magnets hold them tightly in place especially when it's only the top of the ear buds that you can get a grip on.

Worth €70? To me for my multi point high quality microphone use case, yes.

If all you want is good sound from semi open style ear buds without multi point functionality then there will be lots of better value options many of which are already listed above.

That's a great review of them, seem to be a great purchase, noticed the 15% off offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Nice one for the recommendation, just got them today. They are easily better sounding than the X400s and a better fit too. Thanks!

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Echo Buds (2nd Gen) | Wireless earbuds - £46, black and white available

i got a pair last march at a cheaper price, sound quality is decent, anc only ok, comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭MF290

What would people recommend as a high quality in ear bud with noise cancelling and more importantly "transparency mode"

I have the galaxy buds 2 the past 2/3 years which are good in fairness but I wasn't overly impressed when I couldn't adjust the features on my iphone like I could with the galaxy buds+. I have to use an android phone to get the right app to do so.

I've had anker earpods previously which were grand but wouldn't have as highly of them as the galaxy buds.

I'm tempted by the apple airpods pro 2nd gen but I wear earmuffs when working and the pods can flick out very easily and be lost…

I tend to were gloves which can be wet when working some of the time and find the touch not very responsive on the galaxy but I'd imagine I'll encounter that with all of them bar theres a button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

How would one know with an existing pair whether they're bone conduction or not?

I presume with the fake ones if you take them off you'll still be able to hear them unless they have a sensor that detects they're off and stops playback.

People nearby shouldn't be able to hear them if they're legit bone conducting headphones either.

Theres a good article here that compares the fakes to the real thing:

https://vocal.media/lifehack/how-to-distinguish-real-bone-conduction-headsets-from-fake-ones-and-pros-and-cons-of-bone-conduction-headsets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It would appear that I got fakes so, based on the complaints from the other half if I use them when I'm going on the early shift.

Advertisement