Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primark Belfast vs Penneys Dublin

Options
  • 15-12-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been and if it's better than mary street or any dublin branches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

While I haven't been to Primark in Belfast, I've been to Primark in Derry and Edinburgh. I find that the UK Primark stores have different stock to what we have in ROI. I've gotten stuff in Primark that I've never seen in any ROI Penneys and have gotten so many complements for them. It's kinda nice to buy Penneys clothes and know there's less chance of people wearing the same stuff!
    Whether Primark Belfast is on a par with Mary's St I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ooh1985

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    While I haven't been to Primark in Belfast, I've been to Primark in Derry and Edinburgh. I find that the UK Primark stores have different stock to what we have in ROI. I've gotten stuff in Primark that I've never seen in any ROI Penneys and have gotten so many complements for them. It's kinda nice to buy Penneys clothes and know there's less chance of people wearing the same stuff!
    Whether Primark Belfast is on a par with Mary's St I don't know.

Great! Yes its more I wanted to know of they had more and different stock. Now I know... is it worth the xmas haul up?! Penneys is always worth it 😊😊😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Its been a few years, but I did live in Belfast for a year many moons ago. Their Primark (at least the one in the city center) is not anything like as big as the Mary St or new Liffey Valley Penneys down here. It was also extremely chaotic 90% of the time. Maybe they have some different stock, but I don't think I'd go all the way to Belfast for it, unless you happened to be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its been a few years, but I did live in Belfast for a year many moons ago. Their Primark (at least the one in the city center) is not anything like as big as the Mary St or new Liffey Valley Penneys down here. It was also extremely chaotic 90% of the time. Maybe they have some different stock, but I don't think I'd go all the way to Belfast for it, unless you happened to be there anyway.

Maybe it has been revamped and expanded since then do. You did say it was a few yeas since you lived there and Penneys have been revamping and opening new stores recently.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I have had the ordeal of being dragged around the shop in Belfast during the summer by herself who insists everything is different. It's fairly big and modern, four floors I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was in the Belfast Penneys on a Saturday about 6 weeks ago and it was truly horrendous! Absolutely jammers, couldn't move around the place at all, people everywhere! Would not recommend :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I'd be surprised if the stock on sale was completely different.
    I have been in Primark in Aberdeen, Madrid, Torrevieja and London - all stores stocked almost identical items which you can buy in Mary St. There may be slight variations but a lot of the core stock is exactly the same.

Advertisement