Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 11th - 12th very very hot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

and i have to work,the weekend will probably be pissing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

bazH wrote:
    How do you dress as you would on holidays while you work?
    Oddly, how I dress at work is exactly how I dress on holidays.

I don't really go in for the whole t-shirt, flip-flops and shorts look...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

county wrote:
    and i have to work,the weekend will probably be pissing rain

Me too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

ah bugger, im very tempted to get myself fired right now and go relax in the sun for 2 days and sod the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd be truly amazed to see Dublin Airport hit 30! This could be a once in a lifetime event. Weathercheck am I right in saying that the temperature record in Ireland was set in the 19th century (in Kilkenny)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Kilkenny Castle 33.3c 26th June 1887 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Do you all remember the summer and autumn of 1995? I was a young kid then but I can actually remember watching the weather the week before Hallowe'en and the weatherman (yer man Fleming) talking about 22 recorded! In late October :D I also remember stuff about droughts I think. What's the weather shaping up to be like post the cold front on Wednesday/Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm dying!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

on cbs news last night they were talking about why the hurrican season is starting really early over last few years the weather experts over there are saying that every 40 years theres a trend where the pacific ocean cools down and the atlantic ocean warms up for 40 years, they say were 10 years into that cycle and that the atlantic ocean will continue to heat up over next 30 years before it starts cooling again. This has led to hurricanes starting as early as June but im also thinking this is what is starting to cause/influence Ireland's increasingly warmer summers over past 3 years and long may this trend continue, it also makes more sense when you think how our winters have become so mild in the past few years and snow is almost a thing of the past now in irish winters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

27.4 now in Ballymahon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

were meant to be back to about 17c/18c by next weekend but then theres signs of another heatwave to follow that.

Im thinking a max of 29c for Dublin now @ 11am 24c

With Clones and Kilkenny looking at 31c @ 11am 26c

25c outside here now, it didnt even get that warm yesterday where I live and its only after 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

how to dress... skirt and t shirt! feck the bosses disaproval of exposed parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

:( I'm in a black shirt and black slacks. The heat! My God! I'm melting.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

i'm working in a web cafe at the moment - all 4 windows & the door are wide open & even tho the building is on a river there's absolutely no breeze, certainly not enough to counteract the heat from 21 hot machines & 17" monitors... i think i'm melting :S

Ballinalack is slacking today but still the hottest I've seen :D
    N4 Ballinalack
    Date Mon, Jul 11
    Time (24hr) 12:00
    Air Temp 26.8° C.
    80.2 ° F.
    Humidity 56%
    Avg Windspeed Not available
    Wind direction Not available
    Road Surface Temp 42.7° C.
    108.9 ° F.

Yup a 31c probably somewhere today and maybe a 28 or 29 in Dublin (in the shade and under controlled recording conditions)

Merging the two threads by the way but keeping the title

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yv wrote:
    i'm working in a web cafe at the moment - all 4 windows & the door are wide open & even tho the building is on a river there's absolutely no breeze, certainly not enough to counteract the heat from 21 hot machines & 17" monitors... i think i'm melting :S
    You think your bad. Im on the top floor of a shopping centre with no windows in this place, with 6 computers runnin . Its crazy, i wanna leave

I'm in my office, looking outside at Trinity. It's not too bad inside here, am about to wander outside though...(I may melt)

nudging 28c outside now, i imagine its easily 30c in the midlands by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Portlaoise...don't have a thermometer outside at the moment, but it's absolutely baking. Will post some data from my weather station later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no air conditioning here at all :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

30c in Limerick city now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

my office on cold days our air conditioning system blows out cold air and on hot days it blows out hot!! i'm on the top floor with tinted windows so its like a green house!! 16 monitors and 16 people.. i love it coz i'm in a skirt!!! and ye

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Some cracking convection clouds to the North and north west of me now deep over the wicklow mts, they look like they are going to rumble.

its still 18c in rosslare:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Seems like the magic 30 has and might not be hit

29c widspread in the midlands tho.. Cooler in Dublin
    but thank god for that..!

• Advertisement

1700hr temperatures will remain around the figures at 4pm
    and mite go a nudge higher..

Advertisement