Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 11th - 12th very very hot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well where i am it's pure blue skies!

And very warm.! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it appears to be sunny right on the eastern coastline but inland its cloud all the way, and no sign of it breaking same as yesterday:(

anyone else stuck in cloudy conditions?

Looks like 10-15 miles inland convection is occuring fascinating
    looking at the latest sat pic a uniform clearence for 15 miles from the coast all
    the way down the coast :D

Highest temp from the NRA site at 1pm was 26.7c on the N2 in co Louth-that should surely see a 28c if it stays sunny,its well inland as should the
    N21 down in Limerick-26c

Here we are stuck on 23c with a strong sea breeze now but beautifull clear blue skies,nice and not opressively hot like some places,a walk on the beach and a swim - me runs, bbfn pc \o/

Gonzo - head for the beach :D

Just a light pleasent sea breeze here! Kinda refreshing and certainly
    not strong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun finally starting to come out now after 2/3 cloudy days in a row! very little breeze here, hardly noticeable. feels very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Louth with the hottest temperatures in the country?! Miracles do happen. I'm glad to see my pessimism was unfounded. Anyway things have cooled down now a bit over here but it's blue skies all the way. I predicted the opposite to what actually happened - all the clouds are now to the west despite the sea breeze.

Here's for more tomorrow fingers crossed :D

Btw the coolest place in Ireland happens to be the Arklow bypass as of 1500 on the NRA website (20.6). Earthman was unlucky.

Rosslare was even cooler, it barely managed to scrape 18c by the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

where's the barbi????? :D

Well the NRA site on the N4 in co west meath has reached a whole 11 degree's warmer than Rosslare at an amazing 29.3 C !!!

Further up the road in longford its 27c

Breeze lightened off here but still there and still a nice 23c :) It obviously feels a lot hotter but not as hot as it does up on the N4 I'd image, being over 29c at 4pm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Waterford does'nt have any weather according to the NRA :(

22.8 in Dungarvan and 26.2 in Clonmel.

Mike.

N4 Ballinalack
    Date Sun, Jul 10
    Time (24hr) 18:00
    Air Temp 29.7° C.
    85.5 ° F.
    Humidity 50%

I'd call that a technical 30c !! :)

Boy wouldn't you love the athmosphere to destabilise a bit and have a cold front traveling down through that kind of heat - think of the thunderstorm possibilities :D

Cold front coming down on wenesday through less hot conditions by then but lets see what happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its still 25 in Ballinalack, me mops brow and I'm in only 18 degrees.

Mike.

NRA Ballinalack is now at 24 exactly. That's the temperature it was in my part of Louth during the afternoon and the above temperature was recorded at 11pm! To those more knowledgeable, can this be possible or is the thermometer a little bit on the dodgy side?

I'd say it's correct 22c in Clones now... ;)

Very very warm out there with now winds and a very
    warm atmosphere with very high pressure..

Tomorrow i also tip 30c.. ;)

24 degrees at night... I thought that wasn't possible in Ireland. How wrong I was :D. I'm also quite interested in what will happen on Wednesday. If the tempreature is high enough here there should be some fireworks when that cold front arrives :) What are the chances of convection rainfall and thunderstorms on wednesday anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Humbug @ this hot weather... I'd love a few hours of hailstones.
    Roll on wintertime!

as much as i like a good dumping of snow in the winter i much prefer these hot summer days, i think our summers are starting to get warmer, the last 3 summers including this one so far is warmer in general than the summers we used to get. nearly every week we get a day or two were the temperatures tops 21c and that used to be a rarity up till a few years ago. todays top temperature was almost 30c and tomorrow is meant be warmer again, I reckon one or two lucky places could get anything up to 31c or even 32c with most places getting up to 26c generally and 22c on coastal places like dublin.

I also read somewhere that in the south east of england at least that the bbc reckon that augusts 2003's record breaking temperature of 38.4c could be broken again this august, this summer is meant to be great lets hope it turns out to be true and so far its looking like this could well happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Earthman wrote:
    Well the NRA site on the N4 in co west meath has reached a whole 11 degree's warmer than Rosslare at an amazing 29.3 C !!!

Further up the road in longford its 27c

Rosslare station is within 100 meters of the sea- it was a good bit warmer than that about 15kn inland. I must say I had a great day fishing off Kilmore Quay, but I sweated off my sunblock and and am paying the price..
    jd

Tomorrow i also tip 30c.. ;)

Well it's today now but I'd agree.
    Mullingars official met station was 18c at 6 am .
    Somewhere might even get 31 today

Ballinalack wouldnt surprise me at 32 :D

• Advertisement

Fuppin sizzzlin outside now at 850..20c but a sea breeze starting already..

I think something is a cookin today.. :D

its 9.45am and already 23c outside, bbc says 30c for today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i bloody hate the heat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

25.2 in Ballymahon at the moment.

Well my thermometer reads 24c :eek: :D

In the last half hour it has began to feel very oppressive.. the sea-breeze has stopped and now i want it back! The house has alsmot been taken
    over by the heat the only respite is the sitting room!

24.8c and rising boy i think 31c is reachable somewhere in ireland
    today :D on the other hand :o as tis perhaps getting too hot..!

Ireland is burning up as i speak! Last nite was a real killer for most i never remember the experience
    of walking home last nite and seeing nearly every window in every house open!

At 10am; Clones, Kilkenny and Mullingar registered 25c this is 10am BST
    Birr, Casement, Claremorris were at 24c
    and here in Dublin it was 23c..

Earlier a sea-breeze has kicked off but that has duely dided away for some reason
    and it's feeling very very hot..

Irelands record temperature is 33c and that figure will be neared today.

Ireland has not registered 30c since 1995 ;)

It's a hot one today!

Ireland burns

At 10am Ireland was seeing temperatures soar into their mid twenties
    as the 30c marker was set to fall for the first time since 1995.

Later today around 4pm temperatures should reach there
    highest figures for well over a decade.

At 10am Clones, Kilkenny and Mullingar registered 25c

With 6 hours of heating suggested maxima of 31-32c in these regions
    are well in the realms of possibility.

Dublin airport should max out at 29-30c at 1600hrs

With glorious seen in movies blue skies and record approaching
    temperatures, skin burning will occur after just 20 minutes in full
    exposure. Drink plenty of fluids and dress as ou would on holidays!

Ireland is turning into the Med for 2 days and your all invited! :D

The highest temperature ever recorded in Ireland was 33c ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's either too hot or too wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How do you dress as you would on holidays while you work?

Advertisement