Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affidavit - signature

Options
  • 20-01-2021 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,
    Does anyone know how to get an Affividit (I have drawn up) signed by a commisioner of oaths/solicitor if you are out of the country? Its in paper form. I can't return at the moment due to the risks with Covid.

Thanks for your help:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Grandessa wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know how to get an Affividit (I have drawn up) signed by a commisioner of oaths/solicitor if you are out of the country? Its in paper form. I can't return at the moment due to the risks with Covid.

Thanks for your help:-)

You can get a qualified Notary Public to witness it. The local Irish Embassy may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

You can get a qualified Notary Public to witness it. The local Irish Embassy may be able to help.

It can be sworn by a local notary but must be apostilled by the local dept of foreign affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Grandessa

Thanks a million for the replies Claw Hammer and Spreece, I really appreciate it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Just jumping in on this thread: if someone has signed a sworn statement and you know 100% that it's untrue/false, what can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,131 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Just jumping in on this thread: if someone has signed a sworn statement and you know 100% that it's untrue/false, what can be done?
    1. You can make a complaint to the guards. Perjury is a crime.

2. Separately, if the false affidavit affect your interests in some concrete way (e.g. it's an affidavit filed in court proceedings to which you are a party, you can challenge it and introduce your own evidence to show the true state of affairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement