Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A thread in Appreciation of the Ryan Tubridy Radio Show

Options
  • 12-01-2021 7:47pm

Opening up a thread dedicated to folk who appreciate Ryan's morning radio show on RTÉ Radio 1, which provides an interlude between the Morning Ireland news content show and the current affairs show, Today with Claire Byrne. Please keep the discussion polite and free of cynical posting. The latter must be kept for the alternative thread. No trolling of other posters, let fans show their genuine appreciation.This here is to enable fans of the show to discuss their enjoyment of it as it unfolds. Kindly report any inappropriate posting.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Its not April fools ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hmm

Let me get back to you on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

*tumbleweed*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I saw this thread with only 3 replies and was fully expecting it to be a 5 year old thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Apparently you might be happier here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058149307

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

Well, he doesn't have an obesity problem.
    I'll say that for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

An appreciation thread for the RT Show!?

I'll be about as welcome as a hedgehog in a condom factory around these parts.

No doubt his legions of fans will have lots to discuss though. Looking forward to reading!

Honestly, whatever anybody's opinion, please leave this be a safe space for folk who genuinely wish to post positively about the show. Let the threads stand for their purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Tubs could be quite thoughtful and interested on history topics, but it's yonks since I listened.

Tubs could be quite thoughtful and interested on history topics, but it's yonks since I listened.

Not a good time during Covid, but when life eventually normalises it's good when he travels around the country on outside broadcasts as he has five during summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Why is there two threads only for Tubridy and not for any of the other presenters that certain special people of this Board are allowed to give a daily kicking? I suppose that goes with the rules of the Radio fiefdom.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Why is there two threads only for Tubridy and not for any of the other presenters that certain special people of this Board are allowed to give a daily kicking? I suppose that goes with the rules of the Radio fiefdom.

Feel free to start any thread.

Feel free to start any thread.

Yes but you, as a Moderator, felt the need to make a special case to corral the 'wry' comments (some would call them 'snide', 'petty' or 'cheap') into a separate thread only for Tubridy.

Seems to be to be a case of double standards operating on this Board.

Yes but you, as a Moderator, felt the need to make a special case to corral the 'wry' comments (some would call them 'snide', 'petty' or 'cheap') into a separate thread only for Tubridy.

Seems to be to be a case of double standards operating on this Board.

Would you like to contribute to this thread in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Hon the Tubs.

If posters only want to use this thread to criticise posters, mods, boards etc and not use the thread as intended, to discuss the show, then further comments as above will be snipped as they add nothing to the discussion about what has been in the show or what one might like to hear on the show in future etc.

Would you like to contribute to this thread in any way?

I am. I'm asking why are there double standards with regard to one radio presenter on this Board and not any others and why there are two threads? I haven't received an answer as yet.

Surely as a moderator of this Board and the creator of the threads in question, you are able to provide a response?

I am. I'm asking why are there double standards with regard to one radio presenter on this Board and not any others and why there are two threads? I haven't received an answer as yet.

Surely as a moderator of this Board and the creator of the threads in question, you are able to provide a response?

To provide a safe space for people who genuinely appreciate the Ryan Tubridy Show. Most people seem to have a more tongue-in-cheek approach which perhaps reflects the comedic elements which Ryan uses in the show. People have complained that there is no room for the people who see the show in a more serious light, so this is the space. No such issues arise with the current affairs shows.

Now please keep the posting to being about the Ryan Tubridy Show. This is a Mod instruction and infractions will arise from trolling

Good to see a fair and balanced article by Mick Heaney (who is never afraid to put the boot in) in The Irish Times today. (I never knew that he is Seamus Heaney's son).

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/don-t-sweat-the-big-stuff-top-earner-tubridy-sticks-to-small-talk-1.4464278

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Waffle is worth €500,000 a year....interesting.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Good to see a fair and balanced article by Mick Heaney (who is never afraid to put the boot in) in The Irish Times today. (I never knew that he is Seamus Heaney's son).

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/don-t-sweat-the-big-stuff-top-earner-tubridy-sticks-to-small-talk-1.4464278

clearly taking the pi$$
    And so it continues in this vein, for 20 well-remunerated minutes or so. Truly, reports of idle chatter’s death are premature.

Mick Heaney has effectively described how the show depends on a lot of the ephemera of life going on just as in ordinary times to make the show what it is intended to be, a very light diversion from the more heavyweight aspects of life portrayed in the news.

Fairly quiet in here Catman.

You have created the least popular thread in the history of boards Catman....

The silence is deafening....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You have created the least popular thread in the history of boards Catman....

The silence is deafening....

You’re just a hater , I for one love jfk, frank sinatra, rainbows kindness and bird decapitation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

And pulling the stomach out of meself at the mere mention of cancer.

I think you may close this thread Catman...

Its as dead as a dodo....

Folks, leave this thread for posters who genuinely appreciate the Ryan Tubridy Show. However, if no so posting occurs for some time I will indeed close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Thought Boards was a forum where topics were discussed . Not a forum where topics were discussed " if you agree with them " ?

• Advertisement

Thought Boards was a forum where topics were discussed . Not a forum where topics were discussed " if you agree with them " ?

It was suggested to me that there should be a space where enthusiastic followers of the Ryan Tubridy Show should feel comfortable to discuss their liking of the show. The same people have not yet availed. Will close thread if folk do not come on board in that spirit, can always then reopen if a demand is re-expressed for it on the "wry look" thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement