Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Apologies Francie, the heat must be getting to me, I’m a bit staggery I’ll have to admit.

Very hot up in Monaghan I hear, must be a bit of a ‘glaze’ on the plums under the corduroys.

We’ll leave it at that so, have to study this new site for a week or two.

Throw me a bit of slack dude…….!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67,048 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't be afraid of change Brendi, it happens regardless.

Good call Francie, bit afraid of change, I’ll have to admit.

Can’t get away from thinking that it may not always be for the better.

That's what people in the Pale used to think Brendi, there was ructions when a few lads and lassies set about to change things, but shure look at it now!

Yeh, You have a good point there Mr B,lads with bombing convictions an all, lads with boats bringing in guns all being paid by the taxpayer.Lads with records as long as your arm getting chauffeured out of jail by lads on huge state wedges.Lads being deified by front seat passengers and high rollers in the Free State for terrorist activity.

Francie, how am I such a fool for not thinking that that was an improvement.

You are teaching me a lesson Francie, and I am ashamed of my ignorance.

• Advertisement

The fan boys and girls of FG FF and SF will be along to chide you for running down the founders of their parties Brendi.

Got rid of the Pale for you and look at the thanks they get. Tut tut.

Waiting on John Creedon here in the garden, I'll let you off this time.

Getting very taken with these ‘Pale’ you talk about Francie.

You seem quite taken by imaginary ‘borders’ Mr B.

Bit of a ‘ border’ fetish a cynical poster might surmise eh?

You were the one who thought it still existed and that I might have data taken within it Brendi. 😀😀

Methinks it might exist in one's mind maybe...might I be right? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

^ I thought you two were getting a room?

The site is bad enough as it is without getting notifications on this pissing contest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Fairly pathetic indeed. Extremely childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can't say I disagree, tbh.

Their "conversations" don't have much (anything) to do with the programme.

And Brendan's other contributions, before I found how to put him on ignore again, seem to mostly consist of personal attacks on Sarah McInerney.

Brendi decided he didn't like a joke/quip I made to another poster and indulged his love to bring his politics to a radio thread. The success/failure of presenters he bases on their ability to 'tear' opposition interviewees a 'new one'. Ho hum to that.

My apologies to all for accommodating him.

Haven't heard all the show...is Sarah on her own? Well able for it tbf.

I love the attitude how criticizing a presenter can be juxtapositioned into ‘attacking’ the presenter !!!

Wouldn’t be happy with that kind of attitude at all.

Not that geezer Cooke again…. The Brian Lally soundalike

Another ‘Nooze’ idiot.

The licence payer deserves better than another ‘Nooze’ stult.

Post edited by Brendan Bendar on

Jaysus!

Cooke and ‘Danny’ almost combusting that Zapone got a job with plenty of foreign travel and expenses!

Both of the fcukers would jump like cane toads for a job like that. 🤣

Looks like RTE have McConnell on ‘speedial’ . heh heh he’s Danny to them all.

Any more scandal Danny ….. did the lead cleaner with the Dept of Edu. ring you with anything 😎

Sarah trying to ‘Flash Bang’ Dooley……

This Zappone stuff is another absolute bollox up by ‘somebody’.

solution.

Michael Martin…. Stand up and bury this N O W

Looks like Cooke has ridden roughshod over OHeadhra.

Much more incisive, not shouting into the mic, much more fast moving, none of this “Your very welcome to the program” crap, less pedantic.

Only problem with Cooke is this ‘Nooze’ pronunciation, yet another in the RTE band of ‘Nooze’ idiots.

Getting bigger by the day.

O’hEadhra might regret his five week holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What a rotten thing to do, to go out and enjoy the hospitality of a pub or restaurant over the weekend and then inform on them as to how they are abiding to the sometimes ridiculous rules, terrible by-product of the covid this nasty tale-telling and curtain-twitching by a section of the citizenry, much of it encouraged by the government or whoever rules over us these days

So you are quite happy to let folk be ridden on by premises serving food and drink contrary to health regulations.

• Advertisement

No one is being ridden as you quaintly put it, if people have a problem with a premises say it there and then to the manager like a proper man or woman, sly phonecalls and texts are the lowest of the low... If one has a problem say it in the now and take your custom elsewhere or stay at home if it suits you, thats all there is to it simple as that

And queer the pitch for those who comply with the legal conditions?

Im afraid, my friend, that you and those with whom you run with have got it badly wrong.

You are only aiding and abetting law breaking.

Do you seriously think anyone involved in a premises like that would give a flying f**k.

You are very naive ,buddy.

Arry give over and get down off your high horse, I don't run with any oul crew, nor I can assure you am I naive I've far more life experience than yourself,but as things stand I'll leave the informing to others sure the country's full of them, allways was.. Go way an have a pint for yourself good man

Attitudes like that is why the country is in the State it’s in.

Pat got a chance to get a break out, obey the rules, behave responsibly last Christmas.

Did he do it…….did he f**k

Result..another 5. Months lock down.

Good lad…carry on.

Brilliant to hear a good interviewer cut through waffle the way Sarah did there with Nessa Houricane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

McInerney going on about lack of people being put forward for the programme over the Zappo saga.

Of course ignoring the fact that nobody from RTE came forward when the Retirementgate saga opened up.

Hypocracy at its most blatant.

Jaysus…O'hEadhra is booming into the mic.today.

Reduce the volume for forks sake…….ploughing through the intro with iron boots on.

Speak normally dude.

• Advertisement

A mystery that someone of such limited intellect as John Bolton could have reached such heights in American politics, then again I suppose the rest of them aren't much better

Advertisement