Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda power reviews?

Options
  • 11-03-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, 
    I am considering moving from EI to Panda Power. Does anyone have any feedback on Panda Power? eg. customer service, issues with bills etc? thanks :)

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi lolliemc, the Electric Ireland forum is only for queries to Electric Ireland - I've moved your query to Accommodation & Property where you might get some more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

I was with them a couple of years back and it was a disaster. I was signed up to direct debit and they literally took money out whenever they liked, I was constantly double billed, it happened 4 times over the course of 2 months, needless to say I didn't stick with them.

They might have cleaned up their act since then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

lolliemc wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I am considering moving from EI to Panda Power. Does anyone have any feedback on Panda Power? eg. customer service, issues with bills etc? thanks :)

They were in the property I purchased and were an absolute disaster to deal with. Going around in circles every time I called them, getting put through to agents who couldn't assist me and hanging up on me several times..... actually have you ever had to deal with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I was with panda power for a year and like the previous posters I had problems with the DD. Any other DD i have is taken on a particular date in the month but Panda would just take the payment whenever.
    Also I signed up at the door, something I never usually do and the salesman told me that they did a monthly equalised payment like I had with bird Gais. This was a flat out lie.
    One positive aspect was that I got my bins cleaned for the year for free.
    I changed to energia after a year. I've had issues with payments with them too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jpwkvl

Panda power promise the SUN, MOON & STARS but DONT DELIVER. I attempted to sign up with them. I gave them all details required for switch over - meter readings, MPRN no, DIRECT DEBIT details etc. Having heard NOTHING I followed up with them only to find out I didn't EXIST on their system!!! What are they doing doing with customers direct debit details??? CANT TRUST THEM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

For what it's worth, I've been happy with them. I signed up when I moved into my current apt a year ago and haven't had any trouble.

CalRobert wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I've been happy with them. I signed up when I moved into my current apt a year ago and haven't had any trouble.

What would you think of them if your direct details were floating around 'who knows where'?

jpwkvl wrote: »
    What would you think of them if your direct details were floating around 'who knows where'?

I wouldn't be delighted but then again I'm not sure what you're referring to. Was there a breach? I don't see evidence of one in a quick search.

Anyway I'm not disagreeing with what anyone else here has said - the OP asked what people's experiences had been so I shared my own. Yours may have been different. I like that PP has been a relatively competitively priced 100% renewable supplier that hasn't given me any trouble.

Also you should be able to enquire regarding your details or seek relief in court once the GDPR kicks in, May 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Thanks OP for posting this thread as I too was considering switching to them from EI, I won't now!
    Bord Gais have a deal at the moment too with free boiler service and 175 back but think you have to sign up to level pay which I don't want. From previously looking up options a little while ago Flogas seem cheapest for gas and energia for electricity if you didn't mind separate bills.

• Advertisement

I was going to join panda power. I gave them everything they required e.g. meter readings, DIRECT DEBIT details etc. I was promised the earth. Having heard nothing from them; some time later; I contacted them. I DIDNT EXIST on their system. The customer service agent promised shed phone me back. I submitted an email, requesting contact with a manager. I was told I'd get a call back fròm a manager in 24 - 48 hours. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I haven't.

Is that what Panda Power calls CUSTOMER SERVICE??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

Panda Power are looking the cheapest at the moment and so I'm just wondering (given this thread is two years old) if Panda Power have improved at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Purple Sheep

the goon wrote: »
    Panda Power are looking the cheapest at the moment and so I'm just wondering (given this thread is two years old) if Panda Power have improved at all?

I signed up to switch this morning. I'll report back if this turns into an unmitigated disaster of some sort ;) Have the bins with them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I've been with Panda for a while with zero issues. I wouldn't be paying attention to the direct debit date though and if it changes month to month so couldn't tell you if I've had any issues like some people posting above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I've been with Panda Power about 1.5 years. Absolutely no issues. Moved house twice during that time and it was seamless, they switched the details over and billed accordingly each time. I compare the prices I've paid for the past few years and the first full year with them was the cheapest I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Panda power promise the SUN, MOON & STARS but DONT DELIVER. I attempted to sign up with them. I gave them all details required for switch over - meter readings, MPRN no, DIRECT DEBIT details etc. Having heard NOTHING I followed up with them only to find out I didn't EXIST on their system!!! What are they doing doing with customers direct debit details??? CANT TRUST THEM

Ahh have you been pushing plenty of bamboo into the meter? From what I hear things improve when you start doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Purple Sheep

I signed up to switch this morning. I'll report back if this turns into an unmitigated disaster of some sort ;) Have the bins with them already.

Just to report back that everything went smoothly. I got my welcome pack by email a couple of days later, I had the bins taken the following week and the discount was applied already. And I got my first gas & electricity bills a couple of weeks ago, and the direct debits went out without issues on the 30th. Nothing to complain about so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

For anyone interested, there seems to be a slightly better deal available now from Panda Power if you switch via the choosy.ie website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

All going well with Panda, I switched in September.

Small first bill (few days) & normal second bill (2 months) have been set against the €150 cash back credit.

I choose the option where bills match usage and NOT the option where seasonal variance is averaged out.

I used Choosy to switch.

For anyone interested, there seems to be a slightly better deal available now from Panda Power if you switch via the choosy.ie website

Can I ask how long it took you to switch? I signed up to do this on December 4th and haven't heard a word from either my current supplier (Electric Ireland), Choosy or Panda since.

Sent Choosy an email a week ago asking for an update and no reply from them there, either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mossie477

I strongly recommend anyone considering these clowns to think again.. liars get you to sign up and bang price increase after price increase.
    Terrible customer service rude and unmannerly...

Advertisement