Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isn't it great when something comes out of the blue?

• 03-02-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭

My mother was changing channels on TV the other night & something caught her attention about a show around early Irish cinema 100 years ago, so she watched a couple of minutes. In that short timespan, the narrator mentioned two names and a location.

The two names were the same as my G Grandfather & his twin brother. She caught the name of the interviews & I sent him an email this morning.

Long story short, just got off the phone after an hour, it was them & I'm after having a whole chapter filled in, including jail records & have just received newspaper clippings form the era. It's more about the brother who was the main character in their escapades it seems, but a great insight.

So happy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Very happy for you! That's an epic win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kalimah

That's a real find! I've been moaning for years about the lack of census records from before 1901. Browsing the census records last week I saw there were extant 1821 records for Cavan. Lo and behold I found my great great great grandfather born about 1795. I think I may even have his father born about 1760. I'm absolutely thrilled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Kalimah wrote:
    That's a real find! I've been moaning for years about the lack of census records from before 1901. Browsing the census records last week I saw there were extant 1821 records for Cavan. Lo and behold I found my great great great grandfather born about 1795. I think I may even have his father born about 1760. I'm absolutely thrilled!

So jealous! That's brilliant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Kalimah wrote: »

That's so lucky.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Is it from the Denis Rushe extract? I found my ancestors in it. I was ecstatic! It's the Smith families in Drumnagran TD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement