Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evelyn Cusack lecture Galway Thurs May 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I saw her give this talk in March in Ennis and while I like Evelyn, it was pitched at a really high level.

One of the first things she said was

"Does anyone here know that the Sun is a Star"

She barely spoke about the weather, she tried to cover the entire history of the universe instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Akrasia wrote: »
    I saw her give this talk in March in Ennis and while I like Evelyn, it was pitched at a really high level.

One of the first things she said was

"Does anyone here know that the Sun is a Star"

She barely spoke about the weather, she tried to cover the entire history of the universe instead.

Knowing that the sun is a star is considered a high level? What's low?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

sdanseo wrote: »
    Knowing that the sun is a star is considered a high level? What's low?

Low level is discussing details like how the various weather models work and how specific weather formations develop as they affect Ireland

High level is 'our models are generated using computers"

High level is broad overviews of a topic, low level is detailed explanations.
    Apologies for the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I was at a similar lecture she gave in Dun Laoghaire last year. It was an excellent, interesting, informative and entertaining evening. The level was pitched correctly for the audience and there was something for everyone, novice and expert alike. Would go again if another one was run.

Advertisement