Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Council house - how soon to signing contract?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

well honestly where I am there are metal sheets put on it if it is lying vacant, I guess different councils have different policies on it! and yeah theres a housing crisis in the cities but the government have to give over the funding to refurb the houses and buy/build new ones and they haven't been doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This is the only part I disagree with. It's just communication, it shouldn't have to be so difficult.

Have you every tried to get a combination of painter / plumber / electrician / carpenter etc to give you a firm date about when work will be complete?

Basically, they can't, because they don't know what problems they'll find when they come to do the work that's been authorised. And they don't know what other emergency call outs they might get during the same period.

Same story for 2020 because I’m waiting on Garda clearance also I haven’t viewed the new place but it’s better than where I am now. The hap clinic rang me to cancel my hap as I’m being given an apartment but haven’t got the keys yet. I rang today to explain about this and they said someone will ring me tomorrow hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Are you on a benefit? If so, there's a grant that you can get from Welfare to cover the cost of window coverings and flooring (may or may not be needed) and furniture (will definitely be needed, unless you already have some).

Go and see your CWO, once you find out from the council what you will need.

Worse case, go and see Vincent de Paul.

You should check out furnishings on Adverts.ie, some great used furniture and household goods in excellent condition, especially at the moment, a lot of people stuck at home seem to be redecorating.

Advertisement