Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much of this is true - Zionist Terrorists ?

• 09-01-2004 1:40am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.giwersworld.org/israel/terrorists.phtml

I recognise many of the events - but not all of them - so how much of this is true ?
    This is not the politics forum so I'm more interested in hidden history than moral issues - lets keep it civil :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The very first few lines are a lie.
    Israel has offered a peace accord and it wasn't even acknowledged by the Palestinian authority.

Throughout the entire thing they refer to "Zionists"
    Thats just stupid. Its like saying that all actions by SPain are done by "Catholics", its just stupid. Those people who commited those crimes, while they might have been ZIonists, it is absolutely not fair to say that the Zionists did that, ZIonism was not a terrorist policy. It's like saying that Catholics hung black people, while it was infact a branch of Catholics, the KKK.

I love the "There are however many instances of Zionist terrorism that would be impossible to fit in one measly article". I could meantion all of these bad things that would help my argument but I won't.

Many of those events are true, and Israel has commited horrible crimes, but its just stupid to give such a one sided argument, as it solves absolutely nothing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The general gist is correct (not sure about exact detaisl on every incident), but like all politics, the piece has a definate bias in it. For example, it doesn't mention that in 1956, 1967 and 1973 there were wars onging. It also lumps activities of Lebanese Christians in with "Zionists". A material sub-section of Lebanese Christians are just as anti-Arab / Muslim / Palestinian as extremist Zionists.
    Originally posted by PHB
    It's like saying that Catholics hung black people, while it was infact a branch of Catholics, the KKK.
    The KKK is an anti-Catholic group. Substituting Christians makes the sentence clearer.

The world however can obviously see that the Zionist did not want to mix with Arabs.

True. But the author fails to mention the reasons why, or that the Arabs weren't too keen on sharing either. Its totally one sided, with no references to Arab Terrorism, economic strikes, or full blown military operations against Israel. Hell it doesn't even mention how Israel & Palestine came into being.
    Power corrupts and Israel's use of excessive force against a weaker people fits in well with the definition of terrorism

Heh. When the state of Israel was first proposed, the Arabs were far more powerful. Hell, for as many as 3 decades, they remained stronger. Its just that Israeli's had experienced troops (served in WW2), and that Arab generals kept screwing up.

Its a one sided article. Some valid points, and i will admit that there was Jewish sponsored terrorism. But the author totally messes up his point by being so focused on Israel. Not terribly impartial.

Advertisement