Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGT cycling Le virtual Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    This. Big time. Getting a bit pissed seeing guys sustain 7w/kg on climbs.........not that I expect to win a race, but just not getting dropped in the first 5minutes would be nice
    A couple of KG here and there is one thing, but one of the races I did I was beaten (to circa 150th place :pac:) by a fella that came flying past me in the sprint at 45kg! He wasn't a junior either.

In fairness, I haven't noticed it too much in the Team Ireland races, haven't done the CI races (as I'm too f*cked from the Friday evening Team Ireland ones!).

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I think that's a bit harsh on zwift, they had plans and then had to go into firefighting mode with the a growth in user numbers that matched the rise of Covid19! I wouldn't be a massive fan of the company, but they're kinda stuck trying to manage the unexpected growth while keeping long term users happy.

Biggest issue with any virtual racing is the variance of power meter, as well as aspirational rider weight inputs.

I don't think I'm being harsh, They have a billion dollar valuation and have received hundreds of millions in cash from investors.

They have done zero to try and run races properly. Give event organisers no proper tools, and despite having all the user data you could dream of still can't/wont enforce race categories.

They told us they had an updated AppleTV GUI ready to go at the start of Covid, then they said they were holding back releasing it until their onboarding numbers settled down, then we are told actually it was **** so we started again, now.....radio silence. They are always saying oh we are working on that but nothing ever changes.

Same with trainers, they bemoan lack of innovation from the trainer companies and then start to develop their own bike/trainer. Trainer companies launch new smart bikes but Zwift only yesterday opened up steering, and then for only one of them. This is despite them all being out over a year (multiple years in some cases) and being capable of steering. Hell Zwift won't even show you gear changes either.

They are badly run and haven't a clear plan or idea of what they want to be, apart from getting the UCI to use them for races and get into the Olympics. There is an opportunity for a properly focused competitor to steal the market away from them or at least give them pause for thought. But I don't think the rest have the capital to scale up/develope their products quickly enough at the moment

Advertisement