Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey Water Valve

Options
  • 10-01-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've just bought an Abi Herald Jubilee caravan, and have had it for a couple of weeks. I've noticed a stale water smell and presume it's the grey water, can someone please advise where the valve to empty the grey water tank is?
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I've just bought an Abi Herald Jubilee caravan, and have had it for a couple of weeks. I've noticed a stale water smell and presume it's the grey water, can someone please advise where the valve to empty the grey water tank is?
    Thanks a million.

I don't have a caravan but my suggestion is to get on your knees and look under the caravan you should be able to see the tank pretty quickly, once you have located it then its just a matter of looking for the outlet and valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Thanks a million.

Caravans don't have grey water holding tanks, it runs from the sink/shower directly to the outside to a portable container.
    Perhaps the smell is from some wastewater trapped in the pipes and hopefully not from rot caused by water ingress.
    Did you get the caravan checked for leaks and water ingress damage before you bought it?

Advertisement