Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masters in wit

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Has any body here studied a masters in wit? I am starting a part time masters in September and I have a few questions ! The one that is really stressing me out is that I chose my modules a couple of weeks ago, realised then that one of my lecture days is actually clashing with a friends wedding. Thinking of changing my modules to free myself up for the day as it will be impossible to do both, wedding is at other end of the country. What is the policy on attendance ? Am I worrying over nothing ? Do I change modules to ensure I am in college?

Another question , I haven't received any information pack yet. For the part time modules are you in college for the whole day ofsaturday 9-6 or is it lectures between the hours of 9-6 for example could lectures be 10-2. I don't know anyone who has attended wit and all colleges are so different ! I'm excited and nervous !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

What Masters?

Some are only 4 hours per week per module. 2 lectures in the morning then 2 optional labs(which nobody goes to) in the afternoon.

Most just go to lectures 9-11 then go to work afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

go to the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Nickypicky

What Masters?

Some are only 4 hours per week per module. 2 lectures in the morning then 2 optional labs(which nobody goes to) in the afternoon.

Most just go to lectures 9-11 then go to work afterwards.

Oh really ?!! It's a masters in management in education so will be on Saturdays ! Haven't a clue what to make of it

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Part-time is setup so full-time workers can attend.

Expect barely any hours.

They are designed to collect cash from rich American companies and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

Not sure the Masters in education is aimed at US companies. ..... more like teachers.

Talk to the course director, best placed to address your issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

What are the current part time masters available in WIT?

pmrc wrote: »
    What are the current part time masters available in WIT?

What area are you looking to do a masters in?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

Social care

pmrc wrote: »
    Social care

Oh I have no idea about that sector :D But you could find out what master programmes they have on the WIT website:
    https://www.wit.ie/future_students/postgraduate_studies/postgraduate-studies

Advertisement