Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are bus lessons an essential service?

Options
  • 21-01-2021 11:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭

So I got my first bus lesson recently in Dublin with a manual bus. The instructor said I'd need another 5-6 lessons on her bus. However, she said that if I were to get lessons on an automatic bus instead (which she does not have) that I'd only need about another 3 lessons.

So I got onto the number he gave me the number she gave me to get a lesson in the automatic bus. When I met with this instructor, he asked if I'd a test booked. When I said 'no' he said that he'd presumed I had (seeing as I'd a bus lesson already) and that he therefore wouldn't be able to give me any more lessons after that day as they're "non essential" at the moment.

But funnily, at the end of the lesson he told me how there's away to jump the waiting list for getting my test date if I pretended to be an 'essential' worker! So he'd no problem being dishonest when it came to encouraging me to pretend to be an essential service, but yet he wants to do things by the book when it comes to the other issue.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd say it depends on the reason for getting them. If a major operator was putting you through it, it would be considered essential. But if you were doing it yourself not really, as there's no urgent need for you to have it.

Advertisement