Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

So pretty much some mutant offpsring of Go (which I've never touched and will never touch even if it was a cause of saving my life) and a regular Pokémon game. Pass. Do you even battle wild Pokémon to catch them or is it just throwing balls at them? Trainer battles are there alright but didn't see any wild battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

jaxxx wrote: »
    So pretty much some mutant offpsring of Go (which I've never touched and will never touch even if it was a cause of saving my life) and a regular Pokémon game. Pass. Do you even battle wild Pokémon to catch them or is it just throwing balls at them? Trainer battles are there alright but didn't see any wild battles.

You don't battle wild pokemon, just throw to catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun to me, we've never been closer to actually being Pokémon Trainers!

And Team Rocket are returning too, was it only Gen 1 Pokémon in the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So its a Pokemon Yellow remake, where in the Eevee version your starter is Eevee obviously.

A new main series game coming 2019.

Fecking Ballwalker is gonna be about $50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pokemon Company held a Q&A session on all three games, heres a few notes from several reporters:

From Yuji Nakamura

-Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! will have 151 Pokémon but will also include Alola Pokémon.
    -One completely new Pokémon will be introduced in Let’s Go.
    -Next year’s new core RPG (second half of 2019) will be a brand-new game, and not an upgrade of the Let’s Go titles.
    -While Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! are more focused on home gaming, next year’s will be more about handheld elements.
    -Constant Internet connection is not required to play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee!
    -Nintendo engineers helped make the Poké Ball Plus. The idea was to create the closest thing possible to an actual Poké Ball that really feels like it has a Pokémon inside.

From Suriel Vazquez
    -Why Eevee? One reason was that your rival in Yellow used Eevee. Also, the character has gotten massively popular over the years, and they’ve decided to start using him as a partner to Pikachu.
    -There was a “special Pokémon” mentioned in the trailer Go players would meet if they linked it with Let’s Go. It’s an all-new Pokémon we’ve never seen before.
    -You will still be able to trade and battle, but you’ll have to have multiple Switches for that. You can have multiple accounts on the same console, however.
    -Will the Let’s Go games use Nintendo’s online service? No plans for that as of now, the company says.
    -The 2019 games won’t follow up the Let’s Go Games. They’ll be more like X/Y or Sun/Moon. All new series.
    -What drove The Pokémon Company to go to Switch instead of sticking with handheld? They view the Switch as a combo home/handheld, so they wanted to take the good parts of the handheld versions and expand on them with the Switch.
    -The Let’s Go games are designed primarily as home console games, while the 2019 games will have more of an emphasis on the handheld experience. They didn’t elaborate on what that might mean.
    -They have other gameplay ideas they haven’t announced regarding how Go and Let’s Go will interface. Those who play both will be rewarded.
    -Pokémon Quest: You will not be able to share your data across platforms, but no internet connection is required to play it.
    -They see the Let’s Go games as the next step for players brought in by Pokémon Go to continue with the series, which is why the catching interface/models are the same.
    -The 2019 games, meanwhile, is what they see as their way to move the handheld experience forward, and they’ve been working on it since before the Switch released, which is why the won’t be as influenced by Go.
    -There are plans for the Poké Ball Plus beyond the Let’s Go games/Go. They see it was the next iteration of the Go Plus.

Some other answers:

-You will not be able to evolve your partner Pokémon, but you can catch other Eevee/Pikachus you find in the wild.
    - our partner Pokémon will take up one of your six party slots, and you will be able to box it. Boxes work differently in that you now have a box in your bag.
    -The ability to transfer from Go/Let’s Go opens up about halfway through the game. After that, you’ll be able to do it freely. There are also minigames you can do when transferring lots of Pokémon over.
    -Candy from Go will not do anything in Let’s Go. They weren’t able to tell us whether you’ll be able to transfer Pokémon from Let’s Go and turn them into Candy.
    -Any Pokémon that’s large enough in Let’s Go you will automatically ride (they had the idea to let you ride Pokémon of any size but decided against it).
    -There are no HMs in the Let’s Go games.
    -Although the interface is different, you will still earn EXP from catching Pokémon, as well as trainer battles.
    -Event Pokémon in Go (Ash hat Pikachu, etc), cannot be transferred to Let’s Go.
    -The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console around and pressing a button to throw. No touch screen, and the gyro part is required.
    -No additional details about Z-Moves/Mega Evolutions in Let’s Go.
    -Trading and battling online between Switches will be available through online and local play.
    -The plot of Let’s Go will not take you to Johto, Masuda says. The map of Kanto, however, will be very similar to the original landmass, but there will be graphical differences.
    -Although there are some Alolan forms of Pokémon in Let’s Go, there are otherwise no connections between it and Sun/Moon.

Now have heard there actually wont be online battles, so not sure whats the truth. Lack of HMs is another good move, worst part of the originals (and now Bidoofs worldwide will be forever unused)....

Wonder what the focus on "handheld" elements for the 2019 game means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The only way to get Mew for this is to buy the Pokeball Plus which will cost €40+

I was on board for buying a Switch mainly to play this, with the goal for me being to finally complete a 151 Pokedex

But tbh with this they can go and sh1te

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I already owned a Switch, I'd get this. However, as it stands there's not enough games on the Switch to make me want to sink 300 euro or so into one, so if/when I get this, it'll be a bit down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

so pokebank was a waste of time paying fiver a month to store all the Pokemon in the pokebank and we can't transfer our Pokemon from pokebank to this pokemon game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It wasn't a fiver a month? And this isn't really a main series game anyway.

yes it is objective of pokemon games is catch all the pokemon from every generation and trading with friends. There are 802 pokemon to catch. Only way catch 802 pokemon is transfer pokemon from the previous pokemon games on the 3ds. There is no info that we can transfer pokemon from the previous pokemon games on the 3ds to this pokemon game on the switch but you can connect a Nintendo switch to 3ds only through wifi access.

there plenty of people over the years that collect pokemon on the 3ds pokemon games and they don't count

• Advertisement

The only way to get Mew for this is to buy the Pokeball Plus which will cost €40+

I was on board for buying a Switch mainly to play this, with the goal for me being to finally complete a 151 Pokedex

But tbh with this they can go and sh1te
    no you wrong you can catch mew from this pokemon game on the switch without pokemon ball plus according to nintendolife website eventually. buying Pokemon ball plus is fast way catching mew. pokemon go on your smartphone has mew too when you catch all 150 pokemon from generation 1 you get mew as reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Smertrius wrote: »
    no you wrong you can catch mew from this pokemon game on the switch without pokemon ball plus according to nintendolife website eventually. buying Pokemon ball plus is fast way catching mew. pokemon go on your smartphone has mew too when you catch all 150 pokemon from generation 1 you get mew as reward.

have you a link for that? it says here "Mew cannot be obtained by any other means"

eventually is good enough for me, the main reason I want the game is to finally do a 151 living pokedex so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Smertrius wrote: »
    pokemon go on your smartphone has mew too when you catch all 150 pokemon from generation 1 you get mew as reward.

While Pokemon Go does have Mew, you don't get him like that, there are over 20 quests to do (none of them being have all 150 Gen 1 Pokemon) before you can get him. And they've already stated that you won't be able to transfer Mew from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Let's Go.

since there are 2 of pokemon games, you have to trade with someone to catch them all, some pokemon will require trading to evolve, from example Geodude evolves into Graveler at level 25 and trade with a someone to get Golem. Gastly evolves into Haunter at level 25 and trade with a someone to get Ganger. Machop evolves into Machoke at level 28 and trade with a someone to get Machamp. Abra evolves into Kadabra at level 16 and trade with a someone to get Alakazam.

what about trading mew from pokemon red and blue and yellow on the 3ds to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee on the nintendo switch. pokemon games from 3ds don't count

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really hoping Ash is avatar for Pikachu and Gary Oak for Eevee or Red and Blue is you're a purest

what about trading mew from pokemon red and blue and yellow on the 3ds to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee on the nintendo switch. but you can connect a Nintendo switch to 3ds only through wifi access. pokemon games from 3ds don't count

Advertisement