Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Movie Walrus

Options
  • 06-12-2019 2:54pm

What is Double Movie Walrus?

Double Movie Walrus, is a game where you will submit movies to the hosts, the movies will be watched, judged and ranked by said hosts from worst to best.
    The winner will be the player who accumulates the most points through 5 rounds of scoring.

There will be 2 hosts, each judging 2 categories independently and 1 category together.

The why.

Mick: I like to watch movies, but feel like I haven't seen anything great in a while, I'm hoping for some gems I've never seen before that I never would land on in my life organically. I'm also interested in seeing what it is like to be a movie critic. But mainly Kolido told me I had to :P

Kolido: As a movie lover, I tend to watch a lot, well at least when I get a chance. All too often I find myself saying that was a waste of my time. If my own judgement can't serve me well, why not put my viewing schedule in your hands. Watching movies, having fun, best of both worlds.

What kind of movies are we into

Mick: I like movies that make me feel, from happy to sad and everything in between I want it all and if its all in the 1 movie even better. I'm a fan of a good twist but bear in mind i've seen lots of the popular ones so they may not appeal to me as much on a rewatch. But I have a broad enough interest in most genres, straight out comedy's, horrors, war films would need to go above and beyond to score well with me. If you submit something with sub-titles and its not the best thing ever. I will find you and I will eat your face and not in the cool kind of way either.

O and just in case I can't handle **** acting

Kolido: It's probably quicker explaining what I don't like. Rom coms, comedies, and musicals are movies I would avoid. Probably dramas also. Now saying that, I could be surprised with any of those genres in one of movie. Genres I tend to watch mostly are horror, thriller, and mystery. As my categories will suggest, I a big fan the 80s, not just movies but most 80s pop culture. If you want really impress me, I love film noir, especially the classic period and I'm partial to a good western. Bear in mind though, I've seen most of the classic film noirs and the more popular westerns, thats not to say a rewatch will be a bad thing.

Categories

Mick

1 Films based on a true story

I'm not looking for a documentary, but films based even loosely around a true story can pull me in more then most.

2 A film that stunned you emotionally

Pick me a film that just left you using expletives for days after about how good it was and how much it moved you

Kolido

1 Back to the 80s

I just love the 80s in general, but movie wise, its probably my favourite decade. So many greats to pick from, horrors, action, even comedies. I will have seen most of the famous movies but I dont mind rewatching. Pick your favourite and lets see if I agree.

2 Hidden Gems

I've been trying to find these for years, and have found quite a lot. Of course, I'm sure there are lots still out there. Don't worry if I've already saw the movie, it will not affect my judgement. But I would like to see movies here which are not Hollywood blockbusters and ones that not many know about.

Together

1 Impress us

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entries will be limited to the first 10 people, absolutely no tyre kickers if we feel you have entered a joke entry, your entry will not be accepted and the face eating will recommence.

Please provide IDMB links to your movies so we watch what you want us to watch

PMS can be sent to whoever you think is best looking

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4af018e51f510ef362dc1ad4c84fb83e37f6ff12&rid=giphy.gif

Comments

Me!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ooh, very interesting!
    Big commitment for you guys too, fair play. I'll have to have a serious think and see if I can justify an entry :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

face eating will recommence.

Sorry....when did the first face eating happen?

Clarabel wrote: »
    face eating will recommence.

Sorry....when did the first face eating happen?

After the one from the **** sub title movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It's Xmas, so have 10 hours 03 mins of good films ( I think anyway ) to pass some time away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are subtitles a problem? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In!

Lettuce see what youse all think of my taste now :eek:

fixXxer wrote: »
    Are subtitles a problem? :D

NO but if you send me one it better be amazing :D

Spook_ie wrote: »
    It's Xmas, so have 10 hours 03 mins of good films ( I think anyway ) to pass some time away.
    Necro wrote: »
    In!

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to this right now LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Necro wrote: »
    In!

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to this right now LOL

You didn't suggest The Salad Club starring Ronald McDonald surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Should we PM both of you, either, or just one? Or what's the craic with submitting?

Should we PM both of you, either, or just one? Or what's the craic with submitting?

Either will do, updated op now ta

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My choices have been submitted... Was tougher than I thought it would be.

Thanks Also Starring LeVar Burton, and with that we are up to 4 entries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Just submitted my entries!

Guys can I just say I really love that this about movies, I never really get the music walrus because as you know I’m musically challenged but movies are a big deal for me and I’ve enjoyed so much doing to research for these categories.

I really hope you enjoy the movies and see and feel in them what I do :)

In my search I’ve found eleven movies I’ve never seen before and now plan to watch so win for me! And I can’t wait to see what everyone else chooses and get some more to add to the list :D

I know I’ll definitely remember a film or two now in the next couple of days and be raging I didn’t enter it but I didn’t want to take any longer for fear is not getting a look in :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I know I’ll definitely remember a film or two now in the next couple of days and be raging I didn’t enter it but I didn’t want to take any longer for fear is not getting a look in :pac:

I submitted mine yesterday evening and I'm already there with the regrets.

And with that we are up to 5, thank you Ladyskunk.

Me and Kol have decidedly people can make changes until monday if they want but after that we will start watching so no more changing,

We just wanted to be clear is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

And with that we are up to 5, thank you Ladyskunk.

Me and Kol have decidedly people can make changes until monday if they want but after that we will start watching so no more changing,

We just wanted to be clear is all.

Yessssss. Will have another think tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

In. Will send later

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I never participate in the music walrus, because I hate the idea of anyone judging my music. Bit of a music snob me!

But this, I might give it a go, I'll try to get some movies in by 2moro, hopefully in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

That's my entries in....hope you enjoy!

Thanks irishejit, up to 6

4 spots remain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Me ? please ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Me ? please ..

Ya there is still spots its first come first serve and we have 4 spots currenbtly remaining

7 enteries now and only 3 spots remain.

8 enteries 2 spots left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

in

Thank you for the entry tusk and with that we are down to our last remaining spot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Not in

I'd have 2 movies for Kolido, but nothing for Mick or the impress us. Looking forward to seeing how this goes :)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Not in

I'd have 2 movies for Kolido, but nothing for Mick or the impress us. Looking forward to seeing how this goes :)

No worries Rikand, apologies about my categories not suiting.

Yes it should be interesting to say the least. Considering ive no idea what im at :D

Advertisement