Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address pal no more notifications .

Options
  • 26-11-2019 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So I've used address pal & I ordered an item from Amazon it arrived in Dublin last Wednesday still no sign of it . I rang an 01 number today and somehow got through to UK .

I was talking to this guy and he told me address pal won't be sending notifications to customers anymore ie text or emails .

So I asked how we're supposed to know when our items arrive at our chosen post office he said ring them or call in in person .?

Anyone know if this is true ?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

The Addresspal website FAQ still shows that they will contact via text / email once delivery arrives at Post Office

An Post will notify you by e-mail/sms when your item is available for collection at your selected Post Office/Collection Point. You can then pick up your item at your nominated location within 5 working days. Note: you must bring Photographic identification such as a Passport/Driving Licence/Employer photo ID/Student photo ID from a third level college

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I doubt thats going to be the case, it's still listed in the FAQ (14) https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq - they will notify by text/email when its available. The UK person you got through to is the Air Business/Address Pal depot in the UK, and there was never any emails sent when the parcel arrived there, only when it gets to the local post office or Collection Point

You also said in your other post that it was only delivered on Friday? The AddressPal depot is in the UK, and it can take up to 5 working days for the parcel to be delivered to your local PO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Hi all

So I've used address pal & I ordered an item from Amazon it arrived in Dublin last Wednesday still no sign of it . I rang an 01 number today and somehow got through to UK .

I was talking to this guy and he told me address pal won't be sending notifications to customers anymore ie text or emails .

So I asked how we're supposed to know when our items arrive at our chosen post office he said ring them or call in in person .?

Anyone know if this is true ?

Tia

No thats not the case. I got notification that my package is ready to collect from my local Post Office today both an email and text.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

I ordered something through Amazon to Address Pal earlier this year and eventually received notification when it was in the Post office. I could see from tracking though that it arrived in Ireland at least a week before it made its way to my local post office, in which time I had contacted An Post customer service because I thought it was lost. It seems it just takes a lot longer than it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Jocasta wrote: »
    I ordered something through Amazon to Address Pal earlier this year and eventually received notification when it was in the Post office. I could see from tracking though that it arrived in Ireland at least a week before it made its way to my local post office, in which time I had contacted An Post customer service because I thought it was lost. It seems it just takes a lot longer than it used to.

Mine shipped from amazon on wed arrived in their uk address on Thursday and I got notification today so no delays for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Mine arrived to the UK Depot last Thursday from Amazon but still got no notification ☹️ usually would've got on by Monday.

quick query that's unrelated to the OP, but doesn't really require its own thread:

I ordered something which requires a signature (I wasn't aware of this at the time) so I was notified that delivery yesterday was not carried out and they'd try again today. Has anyone experience of AP signing for deliveries?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yep, they will sign for deliveries - I usually see "AddPal" on mine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers

Advertisement