Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Sue Me gone huge what you think?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

http://universitytimes.ie/?p=22278

This is a working link from Gossipgirl10 previous post. Thanks for sharing it was an interesting read to say the least and the comments on the article were something else!

For me this really stood out. Its a response from under the article to another poster who is disgusted with how the article itself is a form of bullying towards Suzanne Jackson.

"I love how you cleverly ignore the response made by Sue Jackson on Twitter to Leanna's critique.

"Suzanne Jackson ™ [EMAIL="‏@SoSueMe_ie"]@SoSueMe_ie[/EMAIL]
    @beckzybabezxox doesn't bother me at all Hun. Green eyed monster and I sense deep rooted issues there. I could guess, but I'll ignore �� x"

"Deep rooted issues". So anyone who has ethical problems with the Sue Jackson business model must have "deep rooted issues". Whether you agree or disagree with the points raised by Leanna in this article, it is the HEIGHT of disrespect to respond by calling her a "green eyed monster" or attacking her based on perceived insecurity. And then to turn around and label her a bully?
    Some double standards"

For me the poster here is completely on the money and I couldn't of said it better myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not a fan of the blog but that University Times article seems so bitchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I hate the idea that just because women enjoy reading fashion and beauty blogs, they are clearly vapid with no intellectual capacity whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

123 LC wrote: »
    A blogger I like on facebook is retro flame, she's more into actual fashion.

Yeah, I like her too. She comes from near where I grew up. Lovely girl and genuinely works hard for what she achieves. And much better taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

phasers wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the blog but that University Times article seems so bitchy.

I think that article is by far the most coherent and accurate description why this blog is so ridiculous. It certainly beats the arguments about the bracelets or the comments of her family members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I think So Sue Me's responses to the author of the university times blog sum up the main reason I think she has a bad blog and a bad attitude. A girl criticised her blog and So Sue Me responds with b!tchy comments saying the girl "has issues". If anything like this was written on her facebook page it would be immediately deleted. This is the sort of dismissive, quite frankly b!tchy and arrogant attitude which is the reason I dislike her blog. Not because Im a "hater" or "jealous" which is what she says to anything that isnt an overwhealmingly positive and fawning response to her. This is the attitude that her impressionable teenage readers will think is the right attitude and the cool attitude.

So sue Me has done well for herself and fair play but the bottom line in my opinion is that she is a bad blogger backed up with a bad attitude.

She only gives 4.5 or 5 star ratings to EVERY product she reviews making her ratings meaningless.

Her blog now consists of quotes and photos which are not her own yet she never ever credits the original author. Anyone can go on pinterest and copy and paste a picture.

The majority of pictures are now of her dog and herself and her friends.

The above mentioned pictures and quotes are NOT a fashion blog. It seems to be a blog celebrating herself.

The girl cannot take critique in any way. Obviously people writing nasty things on facebook or to her should be deleted as that is wrong and mean. But people with genuine questions and critiques being deleted and branded as haters.... This is a 29 year old woman who should be able to maturely respond to critiques without branding people as jealous or telling the world how hard she works so she deserves this. Its just so immature.

She used to put up some good posts about outfits she put together from pennys etc but now its just a bad blog from an over inflated ego.

Sorry rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think that article is by far the most coherent and accurate description why this blog is so ridiculous. It certainly beats the arguments about the bracelets or the comments of her family members.

Well from reading it I got the impression that the author feels that anyone who enjoys fashion and beauty is a vapid airhead, and definitely feels superior to anybody who enjoys beauty and showbiz news. Just looking at a couple of quotes from the article:
    “This is what’s wrong with Ireland."
    Really? This? People having/reading a beauty blog is what's brought the country to it's knees?
    With so few women as opinion leaders in the media, it is disappointing to see that one of the most influential female bloggers is one who conforms to a predetermined concept of “female.”

Yes, God forbid a woman post about make up and fashion because they enjoy it. They need to be serious! Silly women, liking the things they like. We women need to remain stoic and hard-faced at all times.

As for beating the arguments, this is just a discussion forum. Users are just posting things they notice, they're not trying to write an editorial on why they dislike the blog like the author of this piece.

Although I do think the bangle thing is a pretty crappy thing to do and speaks volumes about Sue's character.

Ooh, sorry for the rant. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Whats her background pre facebook blogging?Whats all the hard work she has done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

phasers wrote: »
    Well from reading it I got the impression that the author feels that anyone who enjoys fashion and beauty is a vapid airhead, and definitely feels superior to anybody who enjoys beauty and showbiz news. Just looking at a couple of quotes from the article:

Really? This? People having/reading a beauty blog is what's brought the country to it's knees?

Yes, God forbid a woman post about make up and fashion because they enjoy it. They need to be serious! Silly women, liking the things they like. We women need to remain stoic and hard-faced at all times.

As for beating the arguments, this is just a discussion forum. Users are just posting things they notice, they're not trying to write an editorial on why they dislike the blog like the author of this piece.

Although I do think the bangle thing is a pretty crappy thing to do and speaks volumes about Sue's character.

Ooh, sorry for the rant. :o
    I enjoy fashion and beatuy and I don't consider myself airhead. However fashion and beauty do not equal consumerism. In fact I am prepared to argue with anybody that high fashion and high fashion photography is a form of art. As much as commercial activity can be art.Blogging about you outfits and posting selfies when you're going isn't even close to that. It is also a lifestyle blog. A lifestyle that has very substance in it. She is not blogging about fashion, she is blogging about her life and from my limited knowledge it does seem that she wants to exist only as a consumer. It might be enough for some but it is definitely not true for most of the women. So yes I am still in complete agreement that blogs like that reduce being a woman to being pretty and dumb. That doesn't mean that everyone of her readers are but I wouldn't have much hope for those who look up to her.

Edit: I remember reading an Indo travel feature about New York just before crisis started. It was only about where to shop and eat. I remember thinking, god this country is in serious trouble, if all you gave to tell about one of the greatest cities on the planet is where to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Twinkle123

This thread has restored my faith in young women!

I've never really seen the point of someone posting about how fab their boyfriend/dog/car/night outs are etc...The So Sue Me blog always came across very self indulgent to me...

I don't get the facination some have with her at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

From recent views of her site, I'm not a fan is Suzanne. I've no idea what her blog used to be like but I won't be following based on recent posts.
    I do think she needs to grow a thicker skin if she reacts as badly as some people say she does to critiques. Some people will be jealous writing their comments but a lot of people are not.

And finally, to all who mentioned buynowbloglater, I hate you.
    I'm addicted to this girl now and want her wardrobe! She seems very honest in her reviews and I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Thanks Peppapig for fixing the link!

I definitely agree with others that the University Times article had a good point to make but lost a lot of credibility / support by the manner in which she wrote the article... there was definitely more than a touch of bitchiness to some of it which was unnecessary and didn't help her make the point she was trying to make.

I thought the comments were very interesting to read though - there was definitely two very pro and anti Sue sides going back and forth.

Edit:-

Also another one of the comments on the piece said that when it was brought to Suzanne's attention on twitter her response was "feel sorry for her, sad little girl" - now that's bitchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm male but i've always been fascinated with the beauty bloggers/vloggers scene, the huge followings they get and then the hate they get. i don't know how people get so worked up about her if she getting free stuff.

you'll all love this forum if you want to bitch more:
    http://www.gurugossiper.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm closing this thread because it is becoming repetitive and because it really doesn't reflect the ethos of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement