Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Sue Me gone huge what you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Well Darren Kennedys website had two postings about the new Penny's collection and they weren't the same as those posted by so sue me or the make up fairy. Haven't checked any other blogs or websites though.

Hmm! Well her reply to my email was rather curt (to the point of being rude) so she hasn't exactly risen in my estimation :rolleyes: It's a pity so many young (and not so young) girls hold her in such high regard, she strikes me as a fairly charmless individual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

This may sound slightly arse holey of me but I've looked back over her site and twitter the last couple of days and I can't help but be really infuriated by her. I wish she could realise the platform she has to really influence teen girls, for instance I saw a comment on her twitter feed from a young fan saying "I wish I could be you" or something to that effect, and her response was something like "Not today, I'm really sick". Is she really that self absorbed that she couldn't have replied with something more humble, that would give the girl some sort of confidence boost or something. Too much of these inspirational bs quotes that are completely empty!! Its really worrying that this is what girls find desirable.... Don't get me wrong I adore watching the Kardashians (and not afraid to admit it!) but I don't think those sort of shows were around when I was at an impressionable age (says I at the grand ole age of 25).
    My point is, I believe that as a woman, we should support each other at all turns, be nice to each other and not judge at face value. She just seems so far removed from that and I do think its really worrying that she is being celebrated for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

that's interesting about Penneys sending the press release to all bloggers. I did think a couple of weeks ago when she posted the piece about Penneys work out gear that it seemed to be written better than most of the usual posts so I would imagine someone from Penneys PR team wrote it and sent it on for her to use.

I had mentioned earlier in the thread that it was crazy that people were going mad asking where she got this and that no matter what she posted and a part of me was really hoping people were having a laugh and I do think now that some people are doing it taking the p**s :D for example the other day she posted a picture of herself and someone commented saying "oh my god what colour paint is that on your walls I've been looking for that exact shade forever" and Sue replied "Not sure think it's Cream hun!" now I am really hoping that that person was having a laugh :)

I just can't understand why some girls are so obsessed with her it's creepy I would imagine that these are the same type of girls that follow boy bands and cry hysterically if they ever get to meet them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I had mentioned earlier in the thread that it was crazy that people were going mad asking where she got this and that no matter what she posted and a part of me was really hoping people were having a laugh and I do think now that some people are doing it taking the p**s :D for example the other day she posted a picture of herself and someone commented saying "oh my god what colour paint is that on your walls I've been looking for that exact shade forever" and Sue replied "Not sure think it's Cream hun!" now I am really hoping that that person was having a laugh :)

That is brilliant!! Link??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Toast4532 wrote: »

She must spend more time telling people where she bought every single item that happens to be in a photo she takes.

The constant fawning is pretty cringeworthy.

The other day she posted a picture of a bedroom with a laptop setup to watch the OC and perfectly arranged pancakes, milkshakes, orange juice etc that was clearly just her posting a picture from pinterest or wherever yet you still had people commenting on it going oh wow where did you get this or that... seriously come on people a bit of common sense would tell you that this isn't actually her room and she hasn't spent hours perfectly arranging all this food for a photo. How many bedrooms do they think she has in her apartment all styled differently. I can't believe that some people actually think that everything she posts is a picture or her or her house etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I just looked at that link and my god it just screams of narcissism. I cringed for all those people asking the same repetitive questions and fawning all over the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The people writing the sarcastic comments about paint on the walls etc are her friends and family members! They are clearly taking the piss and making fun of all the young girls who are genuinely asking use where she gets the stuff, because she gets asked where she gets her stuff a lot. I've seen the same on her sisters page. Things like" wow where did you get that cushion sue "and then she would comment back "pmsl" or something like that. It's so rude if you ask me. That kind of thing has put me right off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Sorry I'm relatively new to her- I knew she had a book out based on her blog and that sometimes people I'm friends with on facebook would like her stuff so I'd see it pop up from time to time- but what's that actual point of what she does?

I just went on to her facebook page for the first time there- her make up and clothes are grand (not really my taste but they're fine) and then she posts the same kind of crap you see on joe.ie and her.ie, and the odd thing like someecards. Sure anyone could do that. Baffling as to how she's been so successful- I mean best of luck to her and all, I just don't see the point. Does she have an actual job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Meangadh wrote: »
    Sorry I'm relatively new to her- I knew she had a book out based on her blog and that sometimes people I'm friends with on facebook would like her stuff so I'd see it pop up from time to time- but what's that actual point of what she does?

I just went on to her facebook page for the first time there- her make up and clothes are grand (not really my taste but they're fine) and then she posts the same kind of crap you see on joe.ie and her.ie, and the odd thing like someecards. Sure anyone could do that. Baffling as to how she's been so successful- I mean best of luck to her and all, I just don't see the point. Does she have an actual job?

She left her job too do that!

I wonder will she have a second book. Can't believe her book was one of the top five best sellers for weeks in easons

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Toast4532 wrote: »

That's hilarious !!Seriously these followers have to be taking the piss big time..." what colour is on your wall? I've been looking for it for ages" holy cow if they're not taking the piss .....:pac:

anna080 wrote: »
    The people writing the sarcastic comments about paint on the walls etc are her friends and family members! They are clearly taking the piss and making fun of all the young girls who are genuinely asking use where she gets the stuff, because she gets asked where she gets her stuff a lot. I've seen the same on her sisters page. Things like" wow where did you get that cushion sue "and then she would comment back "pmsl" or something like that. It's so rude if you ask me. That kind of thing has put me right off them.

wow if that's the case then that is unbelievably rude... I do feel like she puts on a certain persona on her page & instagram going out of her way to reply to people etc and being over friendly to everyone calling them hun etc which just makes all the fans be like wow you are so down to earth and nice Sue but she is probably laughing behind their backs when people keep asking where she got things and it's not even her own stuff in the photos.

ahhh the more I read the more I dislike about it all. I know alot of people on this thread were saying she gives 5 stars to everything she reviews but I also noticed that she will review something and say it's amazing but in reality I'd say she might have used it once for the purpose of the review but that doesn't really give an accurate view on something. She had reviewed some mascara that she said gave the same effect as semi permanent lashes etc but she wears semi permanent lashes anyway so she obviously doesn't use that mascara. She also posted saying oh everyone has been asking me why my hair is so shiny well this is why and did a review on a shampoo but when someone asked her was it ok to use it on extensions she said no it wasn't and that she had only used it once for the review but wouldn't be able to use it regularly since she has extensions... it's hardly a thorough review to use something once and then rate is 5 stars

I wonder does she get paid to review products or does she just get freebies ? btw I don't follow the girl or know much about her I just seen her pop up in my news feed on Facebook a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    I wonder does she get paid to review products or does she just get freebies ? btw I don't follow the girl or know much about her I just seen her pop up in my news feed on Facebook a few times.

She gets free hotel stays. Most bloggers get free products but will disclose that it was provided for free (think this is law in some countries? Not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Just seen she's doing a write up in stellar magazine! In one way it's like fair play, then in another she just annoys me

Magenta wrote: »
    She gets free hotel stays. Most bloggers get free products but will disclose that it was provided for free (think this is law in some countries? Not sure).

Kinda explains the 5 star reviews so. I had a gander through her blog...wouldn't be my kinda thing, she comes across as very self absorbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

That's rude if her family are taking the piss out of her fans and she goes along with it. Fair enough, do it in real life where it can't be seen by her fans who got her to where she is. Its very two faced and like someone said above it looks like she puts on a persona to her fans. :(

Ya I don't know how many times she posted up reviews of her fab hotel stays where she was obviously put up in the penthouse suite for free. Yep that's nice and all but majority of your readers will never afford the penthouse why not do a review on a standard room that most people will be staying in. It seems like salons from around the country also invite her down for pampering so she will give them a good review.

And I have also noticed at times that its like she nearly goes fishing for freebies because she knows she has such a following that someone will jump in and offer her stuff. She posted a picture last year of a painting of Louboutin shoes and said she would love that painting and low and behold some fan of hers paints a replica and sends it to her. Also a few weeks back she posted something saying oh I hate shopping for gym gear and Penneys commented on it saying keep an eye on your post so I presume they sent her out freebies and then she had the post up about their new range of work out gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Another 5 star review on the way I suppose.

1609796_10152531105124447_1776032494_n.jpg

• Advertisement

What annoys me about her too is how she's always justifying how hard she works. I mean please, spare me. I'd hardly call getting sent freebies and being put up in hotels for nights (not to mention stealing others pics) hard work.

It seems it's the younger generation that idolise her, which is worrying.

anna080 wrote: »
    What annoys me about her too is how she's always justifying how hard she works. I mean please, spare me. I'd hardly call getting sent freebies and being put up in hotels for nights (not to mention stealing others pics) hard work.

It seems it's the younger generation that idolise her, which is worrying.

Ha I was actually going to say that too I don't know how many times I've seen her justify her posts about the expensive items she treated herself too by saying she works her ass off... well I'm sure most of your readers also work their asses off in whatever they are working at or studying but in the real world most people still could never even dream of owning those items and they shouldn't be attacked when they say that the blog seems to be showing more of those items than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

if any of you follow The Londoner blog its kinda similar - loads of fawning fan girls, undisclosed freebies, portrayal of an unattainable lifestyle......:rolleyes:

universitytimes.ie/?p=22278

not sure if that link will work as I'm on my phone but it's an interesting read!

It's a shame too cos she's irish so you'd love to support her but how can ya when she's at that Craic!

Have a nice day everyone! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Its a pity the with the great fan base she has but totally lost interest in her.my friends are doing fashion and said she is being found out big time now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

How old is she, does anyone know? Just curious as I'm trying t gauge her target market/ fan base.

How old is she, does anyone know? Just curious as I'm trying t gauge her target market/ fan base.

I googled and couldn't find anything in relation to her age... I'm guessing she is around 24-25

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

When you think about it her style is similar to what college students and people that age wear to night clubs, so that's probably her target agegroup. Loads of people love that kinda style so I can see why she had so many fans. I don't have a problem with her she seems really nice! A blogger I like on facebook is retro flame, she's more into actual fashion.

• Advertisement

She's 29.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement